Bars in St Lucia and Dominica

IHATESNOW

I know that I'm supposed to go the ports pages to post this but I am having no luck and this one gets more exposure. I'm heading on a southern carib next month on the Victory and I have already toured both of these islands and took in the major sites. I was going to opt to hang back on the ship for a couple of non sea "sea" days but from what I am finding out, there's not too much going on there. No bands, restaurants shut down, etc.

So Plan B would be to find a couple of beach bars, or any bars, somewhat close to port to imbibe and people watch. Do any such places exist? Help!

I did try the "search" feature here but as most know, it's usually a painful exercise in futility.

I haven't been to St Lucia.

There aren't a lot of "bars" in dominica. However, if you are on the ship, look over to the right, and you will see a hotel at the end of the main drag by the pier. If you go there, there is a small bar/restaurant.

Also, towards the left (still looking from on the ship) you will see a market.

Part of it is on the side of the street where the dock is, and part is across the street. Most of the vendors there have coolers of beer that they sell for $2.00. I had a blast doing that last time. I ended up sitting by the dock and chatting with everyone.

I think I saw another bar more in the town, but I didn't really see anything I wanted to go into.

if you are on the ship, look over to the right, and you will see a hotel at the end of the main drag by the pier. If you go there, there is a small bar/restaurant.

That is the one we went to after a couple hours of shopping in the market. Had a couple of local beers and some lunch - we enjoyed the place. :)

Archived