Paying the price to cruise - are brits getting a deal

LOMOND LASS

Having just read the above article, and having cruised since only 2003, I have to say the cruise lines we have cruised with i.e. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean certainly appear to give "non British" customers a far better deal. From limited enquiries its is apparently down to the rules and regulations laid down by the UK Government.

I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong but it is my understanding that if I was a US citizen, booking with a US company e.g. either TA or Cruise Co. then if the price dropped I would be entitled to re-book but in the UK this is not the case (to the best of my knowledge).

People in the UK are no different from others in that they want the best deal possible and the drivel given out that we only want a package is just that drivel! We are just as capable as anyone else of booking our airline flights!

Although I love cruising, I just get so angry with the cruise lines handing out the line that we are happy to pay extra to be nannied! The minority might be but I think you will find the majority would be happy to have the same opportunities of reducing their cruise costs as their US cousins. Also, when you look at the price a UK citizen pays for a cruise, excluding air fare, it is always more expensive than it would be if we were US citizens which, up until now was a bit strange since the £ was stronger than the $ but maybe I just do not understand high finance!

I am not sure if I have posted this on the proper place but if it should have been in another section, my apologies.

We are just about to go on a 9 night cruise on NCL Jade which we got for £399 including flights from Luton which is the best deal we have ever had on a cruise. Having said that, we have only ever sailed with RCCL in the past 5 years so time will tell if this is the bargain we hope it is

Archived