Refund due to lowered cruise price

Hi everyone.

It's just copy from my thread on another board

First of all it's gratitude to this wonderful forum. Not only for the very generous and useful trip information. Today this forum saved me more than $1000!

We have cruise in 11 days with Celebrity Galaxy from San Juan. We ordered it on March 2008. Several days ago I accedentally found that now it costs ~$100 less. But I was sure, that after final payment I don't need even try to have refund. But on this weekend I wrote several threads about lowered costs and refunds. So I understood, that probably we could at least to have upgrade or on board credit as compensation. At least it is worth a trial.

So, in short, my wife talked today with a travel agency, where we ordered the cruise (unfortunately I can't name them, probably due to the forum rregulations), they clarified with the Celebrity line and we received refund in amount $1150 - exactly 1/3 of full cost we paid earlier.

So this post is 1) to say thank you to all people sharing the proper information and 2) to share my information with others, who may be like me does not know that they could have refund even so close to the cruise date.

Best,

Ilya

Hi everyone.

It's just copy from my thread on another board

First of all it's gratitude to this wonderful forum. Not only for the very generous and useful trip information. Today this forum saved me more than $1000!

We have cruise in 11 days with Celebrity Galaxy from San Juan. We ordered it on March 2008. Several days ago I accedentally found that now it costs ~$100 less. But I was sure, that after final payment I don't need even try to have refund. But on this weekend I wrote several threads about lowered costs and refunds. So I understood, that probably we could at least to have upgrade or on board credit as compensation. At least it is worth a trial.

So, in short, my wife talked today with a travel agency, where we ordered the cruise (unfortunately I can't name them, probably due to the forum rregulations), they clarified with the Celebrity line and we received refund in amount $1150 - exactly 1/3 of full cost we paid earlier.

So this post is 1) to say thank you to all people sharing the proper information and 2) to share my information with others, who may be like me does not know that they could have refund even so close to the cruise date.

Best,

Ilya

I also got a price drop altogether of $1380 after 3 drops. Yeah RCI for that! I also learned to check the prices from this forum and it sure helped me!:D

Interesting continuation of the story.

When I first read about possibility to have refund, I wrote e-mail to my travel agency asking about it. Just after that I've found in reservation form, that in case of price drop I need to call them by phone to discuss the issue. So as I described earlier, my wife talked with them and we've received the full refund on 12/08/09. One day later (yesterday) I received an answer to my previous e-mail from TA. Here is the text:

12/09/08

Dear Mr. Avrutov,

In response to email 12/05/08, after contacting cruiseline direct, it is both Celebrity and --- policy that no fare adjustments are allowed after final payment has been secured. This is clearly stated in Terms and Conditions. Please also note that this sailing is completely sold out and no upgrades or additional amenities are available to secure per Celebrity. As always, thank you for choosing --------Cruises.

--

Internet Sales Dept.

Interesting, a? We were very lucky that we called them and not only sent e-mail. Otherwise we'd loose more than $1000!

Just take it in account whoever will have the same problem.

Best,

Ilya

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting continuation of the story.

When I first read about possibility to have refund, I wrote e-mail to my travel agency asking about it. Just after that I've found in reservation form, that in case of price drop I need to call them by phone to discuss the issue. So as I described earlier, my wife talked with them and we've received the full refund on 12/08/09. One day later (yesterday) I received an answer to my previous e-mail from TA. Here is the text:

12/09/08

Dear Mr. Avrutov,

In response to email 12/05/08, after contacting cruiseline direct, it is both Celebrity and --- policy that no fare adjustments are allowed after final payment has been secured. This is clearly stated in Terms and Conditions. Please also note that this sailing is completely sold out and no upgrades or additional amenities are available to secure per Celebrity. As always, thank you for choosing --------Cruises.

--

Internet Sales Dept.

Interesting, a? We were very lucky that we called them and not only sent e-mail. Otherwise we'd loose more than $1000!

Just take it in account whoever will have the same problem.

Best,

Ilya

So, I'm a little confused. It seems they are saying that no refunds will be given after final payment is made, but you did receive a substantial refund?

Archived