Just got back from Paradise Beach

cruisinqt

The only time I get to snorkel is on a cruise and right now that's about once a year - BUT - our oldest is going off to college next year so who knows when we will be able to afford a cruise again :rolleyes: .

It would be nice to have my own - but if I don't need one then I'll probably pass this year on asking for one. Now all I have to do is find out if Sunset Beach has them in Montego Bay. :D

• 1 month later...

We were at Paradise Beach on January 15th with my daughters girl scout trip. 6 twelve year old girls and 6 moms. I was a little disappointed that the water trampoline and rock climbing wall were not out for the girls to use. We got there at 9:00 and were the first ones on the beach and kept being told that they would be out in about an hour. We eventually found out that who ever was supposed to put them out never came in. We asked for Tom all day long and several workers acted like they didn't even know who we were talking about... so, we never got to meet. We left around 3:00. All in all, we had an enjoyable day at the beach, the weather was perfect, the food and drinks were good. Although it took about 4 times to get the right order... but we still had a great time and I would still highly recommend Paradise Beach.

We just came back from the Celebrity Summit last week. Cozumel was my favorite port. We went shopping and bought some souvenirs in the large shopping area (North of the port). Then, we headed for Paradise beach. As soon as we arrived, we were all impressed. Even though it was a bit crowded, we got a table, 2 hammocks, and a nice area to hang out. My husband even climbed the iceberg and we went kayaking with 2 other couples. Yes, they do have snorkeling vest. We saw a bunch of small fishes (very small) right as we enter the water. Since some of us wanted to see more fish, we decided to head to Chankanaab (at 4p.m. and our ship sails at 6p.m.). Yes, we are crazy! Well, we thought the cab ride and $12 entrance fee pp were totally worth it for the fishes and coral reefs we saw. We saw beautiful fishes (don't know their names, but they come in all size and shapes. Even in the lagooon area (around my waste, there were tons of fishes). We made it back to the port at 5:30p.m., plenty of time to catch the last boarding call.

So, if we were to do it over again... I would wake up super early, go shopping, head to Chankanaab or another snorkeling place to get the snorkeling experience out of our system, then head to Paradise to chill.

Overall, a very nice day and my favorite port on the trip.

• 2 months later...

We'll be there on Tuesday! We are leaving tomorrow on the Holiday, and we'll be spending the Tuesday in Cozumel. We were planning to visit Chankanaab, but I think we'll go to Paradise Beach instead. It just sounds like it would be more fun, especially for a group of 8 adults and 8 kids! I think we'll be hitting the beach first thing, eat lunch, then go into town for shopping and minigolf in the afternoon.

Paradise Beach Tom,

What is this about reserving pineapples? We will be there on May 2nd and plan on some pineapple drinks with the nachos & guacamole. Can't wait! Hope to meet you while we are there. It will be my Mom's first cruise and she has never seen the beautiful blue water of the caribbean...so PB will be her first ever experience of island paradise!

Kathy

Left the pier early and got a taxi for $13 (one way). Arrived @ PB just as they were opening, got 3 chiars and a table w/ umbrella right by the waves. Paid our $5 fee per person to use all the water equipment for the day (one bit of advice, IF you can't climb like a monkey don't try the iceberg, tried to get to the top twice and failed miserably BUT still have fun). Stayed for 4 hours, had some drinks and lunch, Totalled $35 inlcuding tip. Then back to the ship. Nice relaxing day at the beach, just exactly what we were looking for!!! An extra benefit also, was we actually saved money by not going on a shore excursion since we have seen most of Cozumel already (5th. time to the island).

BTW, it was pretty much filled to capacity by the time we left but we still didn't feel crowded at all, lots of stuff to do. Great place for kids to roam around in the sand and waves, EXTREMELY clean bathrooms and accomidations (we even saw employees raking the sand and picking up seaweed and big rocks, WOW!!!). All the waiters were friendly, most didn't speak hardly any english BUT they were nice and communicated via my broken Spanish or hand signals, HAAA. Sooooo, in my humble opinion, PB lived up to its reputation. We will be going back next time we visit Cozumel.

Paradise Beach was wonderful! If it hadn't been for you guys on this board, I would have never known about it. We had a group of 6 adults and 5 children, so we took a cab from Punta Langosta--$26 for a van and $13 for a cab each way. The cab drivers tried to charge us more on the return trip, but we wouldn't hear of it.

The beach was beautiful! The landscaping at the entrance is stunning, and the facilities are very nice. I'll post some pics when I get them back. We ordered some Cokes - $2 for a cup holding about 10 oz. We ordered the fajitas that we've heard so much about, but the waiter discouraged us from getting them. He said that they attract too many flies. We hadn't seen a fly all day, but we figured there must be some other reason he was reluctant to serve them. So, oh well, we just ordered the nachos and quesadillas. Both were very good, and we still didn't see one fly.

The kids had a blast on the Iceberg and the water trampoline, and a couple of the older ones (12 and 14) rode a kayak. They went back for a second ride, and were told they weren't old enough. Huh? The younger kids played on the rafts and splashed in the gentle waves.

Thanks everyone for recommending Paradise Beach! Everyone in our group loved it!

Archived