Obc!!!!!

JHarry

I've received two email notifications about the fuel supplement lately, the one I got today said "We will automatically adjust your booking to remove the fuel supplement. This will reduce your final payment amount and the processing will be completed within about three weeks."

It doesn't say anything about on board credit...I've already paid for my cruise in full and hope they will issue us OBC. I emailed my PVP and no word from her about this situation.

To the original poster, how did you receive notification of your OBC?

I've received two email notifications about the fuel supplement lately, the one I got today said "We will automatically adjust your booking to remove the fuel supplement. This will reduce your final payment amount and the processing will be completed within about three weeks."

It doesn't say anything about on board credit...I've already paid for my cruise in full and hope they will issue us OBC. I emailed my PVP and no word from her about this situation.

If you're already paid in full and within the penalty period, like for example if you are sailing in two weeks, you get OBC. If your cruise is farther out and you are not yet in the penalty phase, you will get a refund. What difference does it make if it's OBC or a refund on your credit card, it's still money in your pocket.

Hmmm we have already made final payment on our Feb. cruise and just assumed we would get OBC...

I wouldn't think that if final payment has been made that Carnival would issue a refund. Especially on that large of a scale.

I wouldn't think it would be any more trouble to refund the money to a credit card versus assigning it to an onboard accunt. Probably a few keystrokes either way.

my travel agent told me this morning.

I wouldn't think it would be any more trouble to refund the money to a credit card versus assigning it to an onboard accunt. Probably a few keystrokes either way.

OBC credit will most likely be spent on the ship. Most people tend to use up whatever they have, so there's never a "true" refund.

refunding it to your credit card lessens the chance Carnival will ever see it again.

If you are a couple who rarely drinks on a cruise, doesn't purchase extravagant excursions, doesn't buy a whole lot in the gift shop, and prepay your tips, but suddenly you have $126 in OBC, you might this time consider trying one of those things cos you have "house money" in your account. At least there's a chance of that happening.

If they refund your money to your credit card and you are the couple above, Carnival most likely won't see a dime of that money cos you will have no incentive to change your ways onboard.

Archived