Millenium Tauranga docking time question

giraffelt

We are on the Millenium out of Sydney to Auckland in February and are in the process of finalizing shore tours (not through the ship). According to Celebrity the ship docks in Tauranga at 9:00 am but according to the Tauranga Port Authority listing the ship docks at 6:45. Given the driving times to Rotorua this makes a difference if we are to catch some of the geyser eruptions.

Would appreciate hearing from cruisers who have recently been on the Millenium Sydney to Auckland loop as to what time the ship actually docked and what time you were off the ship.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Am currently on the Millennium on the Sydney to Auckland route. we were scheduled to arrive in Tauranga at 9 AM today and they gave the all clear signal that we could disembark at about 8:45 AM. I am not sure if the schedule s the same on the Auckland to Sydney version of this itinerary,

You are going to have a fabulous time - the cruise has been wonderful. Weather not the greatest but it did not seem to matter. And it may be warmer by February

Hope you have a great time on your cruise -

Katie

Katie/David,

thanks to both of you for the response. I am curious how with a disembarkation time of 8:45 tours can get to Waiotopu in time to see the Lady Knox geyser eruption which takes place at 10:15.

Did either of you do a shore excursion from Tauranga and if so did you arrange a private tour or use the ship tour?

• 5 weeks later...
We are on the Millenium out of Sydney to Auckland in February and are in the process of finalizing shore tours (not through the ship). According to Celebrity the ship docks in Tauranga at 9:00 am but according to the Tauranga Port Authority listing the ship docks at 6:45. Given the driving times to Rotorua this makes a difference if we are to catch some of the geyser eruptions.

Would appreciate hearing from cruisers who have recently been on the Millenium Sydney to Auckland loop as to what time the ship actually docked and what time you were off the ship.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, we are on the next Sydney - Auckland cruise after u, leaving Sydney March 1. I received an email this morning saying that our times for Tauranga had changed from 0900-1800 and are now 0700-1800. Double check with your TA or whoever u booked with as this is who notified us of the time change, cheers, lisa:cool:

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I think this would be a terrific tour combining some adventure and sightseeing and would like to book a group of people to go. Please let me know if you are interested and if you have any questions.

Here's the tentative itinerary (March 14):

9.15 -9.30 Pickup from ship (Celebrity Millenium)

9.30 - 10.30 Scenic drive to Rotorua (arrive at rafting base)

10.30 - 12.30 Rafting Experience

13.15 Te Puia - Maori Concert

14.00 - 15.00 Kiwi viewing, Mud Pools, NZs largest geysers

15.00 - 16.00 Best of Rotorua Tour including Ohinemutu, Govt Gardens, Mud Pools, St Faiths

16.00 - 17.00 Return drive to ship

4 people $175 each plus $85 rafting plus $50 Te Puia each

6 people $145 each plus $85 rafting plus $50 Te Puia each

8+ people $125 each plus $85 rafting plus $50 Te Puia each

Cheers,

Jenn

Archived