Aft suite 5191

jankn

Hello, we are cruising in suite 5191, large corner suite with wrap around verandah which will be wonderful when cruising the Panama Canal etc but I am wondering if those above us are able to look directly down on our verandah. Are there any pictures of this suite available ? Thanks for your input....:o

Hello, we are cruising in suite 5191, large corner suite with wrap around verandah which will be wonderful when cruising the Panama Canal etc but I am wondering if those above us are able to look directly down on our verandah. Are there any pictures of this suite available ? Thanks for your input....:o

Which ship?

We will be on Oosterdam 5191 in Jan 2010. So, if anyone has pictures, please post.

I'm guessing you are probably on this cruise going to FLL so the Oosterdam can go to the shipyard for it's additional cabins etc. to be added. If that's the case, I think the balcony is totally open at that time.

I looked at the deck plans for after the dry dock, and it looks like 5191 will be one of the few to still have a large deck. I'm thinking that with the changes to the ship, part of the deck would be covered for our cruise in 2010.

Hello, we are cruising in suite 5191, large corner suite with wrap around veranda which will be wonderful when cruising the Panama Canal etc but I am wondering if those above us are able to look directly down on our veranda. Are there any pictures of this suite available ? Thanks for your input....:o

Follow this link to see photos of a corner aft suite on the Oosterdam that I took on our April 2007 cruise. We were in 6158 but 5191 should be very similar. Unknown if any changes will be made to your stateroom during its upcoming dry dock.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/561302841ZdSfMv

We were just on the Zuiderdam also in an aft wraparound balcony suite. People looking down on us was only an issue if we leaned against our rail and were all the way to the edge. We had complete privacy otherwise. For example, if you sit in your lounge chair relaxing, you could be nude for all anybody would care or see, and it only becomes an issue if you position the chair all the way to the edge. The balcony was deep enough where we had plenty of privacy if we wanted it.

There are times others will see you, but there are is also an overhang that will protect you. There was a night on the Oosty where we saw a school of 40+ dolphins following us, and we spent 40 minutes almost hanging off the balcony watching. There was noone else on any balcony above us even looking, so if privacy is a concern, I would think only at times you are docking and leaving ports will be an issue.

This is the first time I've tried an attachment. If it works this is the current view of the stern verandahs on the Oosterdam. They will be changed in April. The one with the plant is on the 7th deck, so you can count down to see deck 5. If you'd like to see a few bigger pictures just email me at cosgood@comcast.net

2132338993_OurVerandahwithPlantfromthepoolarea.jpg.b13b795555cbbddac8fdd5fd180eb8a3.jpg

Archived