Extended balconies

nagster

I have never had a balcony, I was thinking about switching my Empress 11 suite with an inside for the kids to two 8g's together. I figured we could have an open balcony. The inside for the kids is not directly across from us. 6226 and 6228 are available and I like to be close to the elevators, location being a big choice factor in what we get. Will I be able to use the balcony out of San Diego in Nov? We actually do spend a bit of time in our cabins, relaxing, ordering room service, watching movies. I was going to splurge on the suite as I just saw one on the Liberty and the space would be awesome but reckon the kids would want to spend time in it, not that we don't love em but we like our space. Any comments on an 8G on the Spirit.

:D Hi...I can not talk about the Spirit but I can talk about the advantages to the balcony cabins with kids. If you have the money to do it, it is worth your wild. There is nothing like having the ability to go out on the deck and JUST RELAX. We also spend a lot of time in our suite and absolutely love the idea to step out for a breath of fresh air or sit to read a book. It doesn't matter what time of the year you are traveling this is definitely something that once you have you never go back to the inside cabins. The kids will love to watch the embarkment, see other ships on the ocean and just have that extra room. I suggest one thing that we are glad we did (we brought a beach blanket with us) use it when we were on the balcony to cover up with on the cooler days. I slept out on our balcony with my ipod many days just for the fresh air without others around other than family. It was nice!!

I have never had a balcony, I was thinking about switching my Empress 11 suite with an inside for the kids to two 8g's together. I figured we could have an open balcony. The inside for the kids is not directly across from us. 6226 and 6228 are available and I like to be close to the elevators, location being a big choice factor in what we get. Will I be able to use the balcony out of San Diego in Nov? We actually do spend a bit of time in our cabins, relaxing, ordering room service, watching movies. I was going to splurge on the suite as I just saw one on the Liberty and the space would be awesome but reckon the kids would want to spend time in it, not that we don't love em but we like our space. Any comments on an 8G on the Spirit.

My wife and I sailed with 30 friends on the Spirit out of San Diego in February and were told that we could open the dividers between the balconies. While this is true, the Spirit has a limited number of dividers that can be opened during the cruise. This is a great option, and while it is available on the Spirit, you need to make sure that your cabin steward gets right on it.

Archived