Mariner of the Seas Feb 22 2009 from LA

pscruzinboyz

I am having fun reading all the posts on the other line. Can't believe the topics.

The colon exam hints were great. Do they know who they are giving advice to? Just get a little high, hope you have a cute doctor, and let your imagination run with it....:D

Time to move cruise clothes to one side of the closet and start thinking about packing. I usually over pack - but taking a car to the pier allows that. Formal will be a black suit. I will take a sport coat, but not sure about ties. Nights can be dress slacks and silk shirts. I liked Solstice where they only had formal and country club casual. Day time will be surf shorts - cargo shorts - docker shorts - and hawian cotton shirts.

The spa gives a treatment that I love - a shave and facial. I did it on Golden Princess last May (twice) - and again on Paradise in October and Solstice in December (twice). I try to do it on formal nights. I like massages..if they have males working in the spa. Many ships are just females.

Bill and Mike - I like the Radiance. Having it cruise out of San Diego will be nice. I keep watching the prices and schedules. I don't feel I can work until noon and safely make it to the port before departure, so it requires vacation days on departure and arrival days. Then if I need three vacation days - might as well take five VA and cruise for 7 / 8 days. I will be coming to San Diego on the Radiance Arriving Spetember 25th - from Alaska. I did Radiance Caribbean and had an aft D1 big balcony - only drawback was the closest stairs were mid ship - so a long walk to and from the cabin. Depending on these Mariner and Radiance cruises - RCL may turn into my main cruise line. The Radiance is a nice ship - and this is my first time on a Voyager class.

I need ot do some chores today - so signing off. I will check the other line first and see how many more pages have been posted in the last hour. They are having fun.

Larry

I am having fun reading all the posts on the other line. Can't believe the topics.

The colon exam hints were great. Do they know who they are giving advice to? Just get a little high, hope you have a cute doctor, and let your imagination run with it....:D

Time to move cruise clothes to one side of the closet and start thinking about packing. I usually over pack - but taking a car to the pier allows that. Formal will be a black suit. I will take a sport coat, but not sure about ties. Nights can be dress slacks and silk shirts. I liked Solstice where they only had formal and country club casual. Day time will be surf shorts - cargo shorts - docker shorts - and hawian cotton shirts.

The spa gives a treatment that I love - a shave and facial. I did it on Golden Princess last May (twice) - and again on Paradise in October and Solstice in December (twice). I try to do it on formal nights. I like massages..if they have males working in the spa. Many ships are just females.

Bill and Mike - I like the Radiance. Having it cruise out of San Diego will be nice. I keep watching the prices and schedules. I don't feel I can work until noon and safely make it to the port before departure, so it requires vacation days on departure and arrival days. Then if I need three vacation days - might as well take five VA and cruise for 7 / 8 days. I will be coming to San Diego on the Radiance Arriving Spetember 25th - from Alaska. I did Radiance Caribbean and had an aft D1 big balcony - only drawback was the closest stairs were mid ship - so a long walk to and from the cabin. Depending on these Mariner and Radiance cruises - RCL may turn into my main cruise line. The Radiance is a nice ship - and this is my first time on a Voyager class.

I need ot do some chores today - so signing off. I will check the other line first and see how many more pages have been posted in the last hour. They are having fun.

Larry

Hey Larry, Like you, I keep reading and participating in the other thread. Bill's getting nervous about my blogging, but I am having fun. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Right now we are doing late seating, we already have one night at Chops, will do at least one night in the Windjammer. We have had good luck sitting with fun People, we have asked to be with a big group so we shall see. I am going to start looking at clothes tomorrow. Will bring Suits for formal nights and possible Sport Jackets for a few other nights.

Looks like there are 3 of us on the Radiance in Sept. from the other Thread. It will be nice to see some familiar faces.

We were cleaning out the backpack from the last cruise last Oct. and found something we have been looking for, for quite a while. About a year ago, we bought a future cruise cert. for $200.00 so we can go online and get the best deal and still receive the onboard credit. Now we are going to use and book another Mariner Cruise next April or May. Right now the schedule goes out to the end of April. I hope RCL keeps this ship in LA for a while, if they do, Then Bill's B-Day is May 12th so we will book for that week in 2010. I also read on one of these threads that Atlantis might do the Oasis in Jan 2011, so as soon I see that, I will jump on that deal. We are booked for this year and will do 2 cruises for 2010.

By the way, You are going to love this Ship, it is my Favorite Class!

Got to go eat some din din, talk to you later.

Mike

I hope this cold weather passes before the 22nd. I had ice on my car windows two days ago - and I understand there are more storms coming in this week end.

Modern show in PS this week end - that will be indoors. BBQ and pool party that might have to be indoors too. Then only next week to figure out what to pack.

I can't believe two weeks from today we will be in sunny Mexico. I have been cold all day. My past cruises have been cool the first day out and last day before getting back - and the in between days have been great.

Have fun

Larry

Do you know if the CL will be open when we board? I would like to the them make optional dinner reservations and get tickets to the ice show. When on vacation, I do not like to wait in line. The other line said it is first come for getting the seats. How much before show do you need to be there to get the best seats (other line said not to sit on the side, but at the end).

I would like to see the production shows on the main stage.

When are the Promenade parades and are they a not to be missed - or a fill in event?

Thanks Larry

Do you know if the CL will be open when we board? I would like to the them make optional dinner reservations and get tickets to the ice show. When on vacation, I do not like to wait in line. The other line said it is first come for getting the seats. How much before show do you need to be there to get the best seats (other line said not to sit on the side, but at the end).

I would like to see the production shows on the main stage.

When are the Promenade parades and are they a not to be missed - or a fill in event?

Thanks Larry

Hey Larry,

#1, Not Sure when the CL opens, Ask on the other thread. It should open by 5:00 pm everyday. As you know, When you get there, along with everyone else, grab the concierge and do everything that night.

The Ice Show..............A MUST. First Come seating. It might be worth seeing twice.

On the Parade, also a must. They have this 2 nights and I am sure they will have one of the nights on Tuesday, Fat Tuesday.

Not sure what we are doing this weekend, were talking about going out just for the day Saturday and coming home to HB to do a little bit of Shopping for the Trip. You know us Gays, never can have enough to wear.

Getting closer to the trip, I am getting very excited. I will be on again tomorrow to give you an update of where we will be on Saturday.

Mike

Hi all, Looking forward to meeting everyone also,

9 days and Counting....................

Looks like Rain tonight and then again what they are calling our biggest storm of the year on Sunday night/Monday. Cross your fingers that will be it. We need the rain but not on the 22nd. Have a great weekend!

Larry, I will be on later tonight!

Mike

Hi Guys :)

Wishing everyone safe travels to San Pedro; hard to believe we are a week away from sailing. At the risk of sounding repetitive - WOOHOO!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing lots of laughs on what will be a great week in Mexico.

See everyone soon!

Chris & Philip

Scottsdale, Arizona

Mike - that LARGE winter storm you mentioned is due to hit us on Tuesday; we were absolutely HAMMERED last weekend with over 2" of rain (biblical by desert standards). Due to a very mild January, much of our desert landscape - aloe, barrel cactus, etc. - has bloomed early. All this rain should make for a spectacular wild flower season upon our return in March and into April.

See everyone aboard the Mariner!

Hey Guys,

Nice to hear from you.................

EIGHT DAYS TO GO!

Like you, we are starting to see wild flowers here also. We have a Spectacular Day ahead of us here out in PS. Heading back to the beach tonight to start getting ready for next week.

Eight days and 5 work days to go, Have a Great weekend and will be on everyday until we leave. Looks like we are doing Stone Island in Matzalan.

Mike

Greetings to all.

Was wondering if there would be a gay meet and greet.

We've always cruised on Atlantis or Bear Cruises... this is our first "straight cruise." (Needed a quick winter break).

My partner Woody and I hail from Wisconsin. We've sailed on Mariner previously and wanted to do west coast of Mexico cruise.

We'll be in room 7578 but would be anxious to meet folks!

I'm not sure I can find my way back to this message thread... seemed a bit complicated. Feel free to drop me an email ... if there is a gathering planned, please let me know: Polarbear95404@yahoo.com

Thanks...

Hi guys,

Welcome to the thread. As of Right now we have not made an arrangement on time or where to meet. I know for Bill and Myself, we are meeting the other CC'ers at 3:00 pm at the pool bar. We could make that the meeting place. When I get on Board, I will find out if we can set up a board for " Friends of Dorothy . As we get closer to the cruise, We can decide by Thursday. I know some of you are traveling, so keep blogging and we can make the final arrangements.

Have a Great Sunday..........................:)

7 Days, the next Sunday will be CRUISE DAY!

Chris this is for you.........WHOOO HOOOOO

Mike and Bill

we will be on baord and on my way to Mexico.

Mike - great picture of your back yard in PS. I went to the Modern show at the convention center yesterday and it was a really good show - lots of nice things to look at.

I remember a meeting board in the ship library where group meeting times could be posted - we can post a FOD meeting there - or where ever the ship has the meeting board.

Mike & Jim - I know abouthelping the economy - I did my last minute shopping and savings were great. Then I decided today was the day to get the new lop top. Not quite a car, but with teh shopping and stopping at Agua Calente to help the indian children buy new school books - it was a fun week end.

Holiday tomorrow - so four work days until vacation.

Larry

Looking forward to the cruise also, flying into LAX Thursday evening, driving to Palm Springs and to the ship Sunday morning. Mike, what days will you be in Palm Springs?

bs83703@yahoo.com

Bob

Looks like a quick turn around. I have to work until 6:30 pm Friday, out to the desert by 9:00 pm.

On Saturday, we are doing the yard work, puttzing around and I would like to leave PS by 3:00 to get home by dark.

When you are out there, give a shout out on this thread, and we will see if we can get together, if not, For sure on Sunday, 3:00 pm at the Pool Bar.

Looks like Great weather for at least Friday/Saturday out in the desert. :)

Travel Safe

Mike

We awoke this morning to a couple inches of fresh snow. Closely watching the weather in hopes our flight on Sunday doesn't run afoul of bad weather.

We signed up for the transfer from LAX to the ship... does anyone know where we meet the shuttle or will they find us?

I'm writing this from work... hopefully will try posting our pics later this evening so that you'll recognize us in case your gaydar isn't functioning.

3 pm at the pool bar for a friendly howdy? Um... which pool bar?

Hi

Bob - from Boise - this cruise should be a nice break - starting in PS will be fun. That also gets you in the area for boarding on Sunday.

Polarbear - where are you from? I gather it's cold at your home.

I will be traveling with my Mother - she is in Phoenix this week - will be coming to LA Saturday and then we go on the cruise. I gave her the trip so i could get out of going to Missiouri for the holidays. Took the Solstice out of FLL instead.

This was December in San Juan - on a windy day:

Safe Traveling

Larry

SNC12975.jpg.fd0a9ecf3d4d1a69bb49eab7ab0b632c.jpg

SNC12984.jpg.2706ac3e4e68fe213d725203d3b8eee0.jpg

Hi, Bob...

We live in Wisconsin, north of Eau Claire. Moved here from California 3 years ago this month... hmm, the cruise will actually be the 3 year anniversary of our move.

Wind chill was down to -10 last night.... I'm looking forward to balmy temps!

I'm attaching one of our pics from one of our cruises... and if I'm not mistaken it was taken on the Mariner!

V113.jpg.7677c43c439feb86ca0be02504aae897.jpg

Archived