Question for International Travelers

riderfan89

This may be a dumb question, but we have traveled very little. We're flying from Regina (Canada) to Orlando with a connection in Minneapolis on NWA. Will we have to collect our luggage and recheck it in Minn. or will it go directly to Orlando? I assume because we will clear customs in Regina, the luggage can go directly to Orlando? I hope so...

This may be a dumb question, but we have traveled very little. We're flying from Regina (Canada) to Orlando with a connection in Minneapolis on NWA. Will we have to collect our luggage and recheck it in Minn. or will it go directly to Orlando? I assume because we will clear customs in Regina, the luggage can go directly to Orlando? I hope so...

If you clear customs in Regina, you will not have to collect your luggage before you arrive in Orlando. However, if you were to have a stop in Canada - as is the case for us next week, as we stop in YYZ before our flight to the US - you would have to collect your luggage.

If you clear customs in Regina, you will not have to collect your luggage before you arrive in Orlando. However, if you were to have a stop in Canada - as is the case for us next week, as we stop in YYZ before our flight to the US - you would have to collect your luggage.

Thank you, that is exactly what I thought. We flew to Las Vegas last year, and we had a stop in Edmonton, so we had to collect our luggage there in order to clear customs. Kind of a pain. We have a short time between flights in Minn., so it will be much simpler if we do not have to get our luggage.

Thanks again.

Archived