Dolphin Encounter in the Bahamas

vacamom

Has anyone done the dolphin encounter in the BAhamas? We are cruising with our 11 year old DD and 10 year old DS. Would this be fun for their ages? It seems we would also have to pay for an adult to accomany them, which makes it quite pricey. Is it worth it?

We did the Dolphin Encounter in November. I went with my mom and my 5 year-old daughter. It was FABULOUS. I am not one to sign up for that many shore excursions when we cruise, but this one was great and worth the money. My daughter enjoyed it so much that she wanted to stay and watch our dolphin interact with several other groups. You get to go in the water and feed, swim, dance, hug, pet, and kiss the dolphin. They take lots of photos, and there is a trainer in the water with you. The three of us have raved about it since we returned. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I definitely think you and your children will love it. There were several kids that age that went with us, and they seemed as thrilled as we were.

We did the dolphin encounter 2 years ago when our kids were 10 and 7. They really enjoyed it, as did the wife and I. The trainers are very talented with getting the dolphins to interact with the kids. If you do plan on doing the encounter, they do take photos of you and your family with the dolphins. You will want to take a credit card or cash with you to purchase the photos or anything else at the gift shop. They do have other marine animals to see as well. If you want to take your own pics you'll want to take a water proof camera. You will be down in the water with the dolphins but the trainers will tell you when and where you can and can not touch them. I was impressed with how well they run it. You can check it out at http://www.dolphinencounters.com to check out the facility.

Jeff

My friend and i went on the Disney Wonder with the Mouse Fest cruisers and did the Dolphin Encounter. We had the best time. you can purchase a whole package and get lots of interaction time with the dolphin. you can purchase the video or just a picture. We each had a camera and took pictures. It was so worth it.

Thank you all for your replies. We are trying to decide between the dolphins and the Atlantis. I worry about the weather in February being too chilly for a whole day at the Atlantis. I need to decide soon. We sail in a little over a month.

LOL. I read a few of your posts and you are having a time in making a decision arnt you?

If it is going to be cold at Atlantis, it will also be cold in the water with the Dolphins. But the few times I have been to the Bahamas this time of year, either would be fine in the 70ish weather. I have done both, and both are great. Atlantis will give you a full day of activities, the dolphin encounter not so much so although a great excursion.

Here is a link to our picture review of the Atlantis if it helps any. Once on our website click on the Bahamas button.

http://www.justcruisin-sv.com/

Wow Smoothdancer, thanks for the great link. Your day at the Atlantis looked like a lot of fun! You are right, I am am having quite a time making this decision, but as it sounds from everyone, either adventure would be great. You got a great deal on the rooms at the Atlantis. I will check into that also. I just thought the Comfort Inn would be much cheaper, but maybe not. Thanks again!!! I'll post when I decide.:)

Thank you all for your replies. We are trying to decide between the dolphins and the Atlantis. I worry about the weather in February being too chilly for a whole day at the Atlantis. I need to decide soon. We sail in a little over a month.

My hubby and I are also going in February and we are probably doing the Sea Lion encounter as we did the Dolphins encounter last year in Tortola. I was worried about the temperature also but I read that they provide you with a free wetsuit rental during the winter months. You may want to double check that but I think that would work out perfectly for us.

Archived