St. Lucia - Cosol Tour with kids?

ljtee

Hi,

We've heard such great things about this tour both here on cc and from others when we were in St. Lucia with NCL last year. We have 2 boys - aged 3 and 6.... wondering if anyone has taken this tour with little, active kids and if it worked out.

Any advice is appreciated!

Lisa

I did a Cosol tour summer 2007 with my girls then 3 and 7. It was 6 of us, me, dh, kids, my sister and my 19 year old niece. We ended up in a van with just the 6 of us (plus Yellow Jacket as our driver) but we never asked for a private tour. We requested and received a carseat for my 3 year old. It was an older seat not one that I liked but it did its job. Both kids enjoyed the trip very much. My dd8 still talks about it and would love to do it again. We all enjoyed all the food we sampled.

At the stops we were part of the mix of all travelers. At one point Cosol ran over and told me not to let the kids try a drink since it was an adult variety but he made sure there was plenty of water for them. When we stopped to pick up a special yummy yummy bread near the end we were given a handful of local coins (probably worth just a few pennies but we asked to see the local currency). The driver spend a bit of time teaching (or trying to) us some of the local language. My kids are little monkeys but both of them had a great time on the tour. My youngest fell asleep in the van about the last 10 minutes of the trip and probably doesn't remember it now but we greatly enjoyed it.

I booked a cosol tour a few years ago with my husband and 2 daughters who were 11 and 9 at the time. I booked a private tour for just the four of us and it wasn't that more expensive than the group tour. We had our own car and sometimes we met up with the groups at some of the sites. This way I didn't have to worry about my kids bothering other people. it worked out great, and we were able to make some small adjustments. It's a great tour and well worth it. Enjoy!

Cheryl

Archived