best aruba beach?

Bigrigg

Which is the best beach? any security issues??

For a passenger off a cruise ship, Palm beach is your best bet. There are public restrooms, chair and umbrella rentals (or Jetski/Parasailing if you're feeling adventurous!) and lots of shops and bars.

The beaches are very safe and secure, as long as you follow reasonable precautions.

Have a great Trip=

S&J

Imho, read the posts in the links below and get a feel for which beach you think would be best for you. Both beaches have advantages and disadvantages. It is really a personal preference.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/tags.php?tag=aruba+eagle+beach

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/tags.php?tag=aruba+palm+beach

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Eagle Beach last Thursday and rented chairs for $5 a chair. It was right across from the Amsterdam Manor and we took the bus there. I was perfect. To me it was the epitomy of the best Caibbean Beach you could visit. We even took air matresses and floated out in the ocean. BEAUTIFUL!! We took bus #10 (bus station is out the port and to the right) for $2.30 which was a round trip. The buses ran about every half hour. We also went all the way up to Boca Catalina, which was VERY beautiful, but no facilities/rentals.

We were at Eagle Beach last Thursday and rented chairs for $5 a chair. It was right across from the Amsterdam Manor and we took the bus there. I was perfect. To me it was the epitomy of the best Caibbean Beach you could visit. We even took air matresses and floated out in the ocean. BEAUTIFUL!! We took bus #10 (bus station is out the port and to the right) for $2.30 which was a round trip. The buses ran about every half hour. We also went all the way up to Boca Catalina, which was VERY beautiful, but no facilities/rentals.

Can you rent umbrellas with the chairs? I need some shade.

We didn't rent an umbrella becuase there were many grass palapas that you could sit yourself under. We got there later in the day (after Boca Catalina) - probably around 1:30 and we still got a palapa. It wasn't the closest to waters edge, but was beautiful! I wish I coukld remember the name of the bar/resaurant, but they had a VERY good chicken sandwich and drinks. Sandwich was around $11 but was worth it!!

Archived