Room question on Legend

luckydogone

I'm looking for any pictures or comments from anyone who has stayed in any of rooms 8235, 8237 and 8239 on the Legend. I know by their site map they are located behind the elevators. Anyone ever stay in rooms like these and have any problems with the elevator noise? The size of the rooms of 8235 and 8237 not to mention being able to open up the balcony partitions between these rooms makes them very appealing. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Jim

We have those exact same rooms booked...already...for this coming summer. But on the 7th floor. We have often stayed in rooms right by the elevators....(not on the Legend...but other ships)...and have never had any problems with elevator noise. Occasionally, you'll find you might hear and elevator door "ding". But typically, you never hear anything. And in fact...we always like being by elevators and stairways...makes it easier to get around.

We had 7256/7258 and 7260 on our Legend cruise this year. It was perfect for us with the dividers open...no going out in the hall and around the elevators. Very convenient for my sister too...she can walk short distances and could leave her wheelchair in her cabin to go to dinner. No elevator noise at a...

2316186750064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm looking for any pictures or comments from anyone who has stayed in any of rooms 8235, 8237 and 8239 on the Legend. I know by their site map they are located behind the elevators. Anyone ever stay in rooms like these and have any problems with the elevator noise? The size of the rooms of 8235 and 8237 not to mention being able to open up the balcony partitions between these rooms makes them very appealing. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Jim

I was a few doors down from those particular rooms back in September. NEVER AGAIN.

The elevator would be the least of my worries. Look above you. Its the Lido deck.

All day and night I was hearing foot stomping and banging from something above. A door? Galley equipment? I don't know. It was not pleasant.

The room itself was in a great location. I will never get one just under the Lido deck again though.

Thanks everyone for your help and input. I'm not to concerned about the Lido deck being above us. After looking at their deck plan there really isn't that much above us probably due to the elevator shafts being in that same area. Thanks for the pic of the balcony, that was one of the main reasons for getting these rooms, the lenght of the balcony not to mention they are the extended ones as well.

Thanks once again for the info.

Jim

Archived