Please help! Did Carnival Miracle dock at St Kitts on 28/12/08?

miss mental

Hello,

We have just returned from a P&O cruise on Ventura. We missed 3 ports due to bad weather: Grand Turk, Tortola & St. Kitts.

I just wondered if Carnival Miracle made it to St. Kitts on sunday 28th?

Please can anyone help?:)

We didn't feel the winds were that bad!

Cheers, Heather.

We were just on the Miracle and our itinerary was changed a week before we left! The St. Kitts day was moved from Dec. 28 to Dec. 27 and we did dock there on the 27th . It was gray and raining on and off, so not the best beach day.

We were also told that St. Lucia was changed for us to Grand Turk. We docked there on the 29th with a Holland America ship.

If you missed all 3 ports , what did you do? More sea days or alternate ports? How did you lik eyour cruise?

It seemed to be very windy with high waves throughout most of our sailing. You too?

Hi jspirit!

Thanks for your reply.

We were very disappointed to miss 3 ports;Grand Turk on 24th, Tortola 27th & St. Kitts 28th. We were given no alternatives so ended up with 6 sea days ~ boring.

Personally I didn't like the ship and that seemed to be the general opinion. It had no atmosphere and the evenings were dead! The entertainment may have been bearable if we could have got off during the day but we felt like prisoners on a run of 3 sea days!

We did enjoy most of the ports we made; barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, Catalina Island, St Maarten, Dominica although St Vincent was quite depressing!

The food was excellent.

We wouldn't sail with P&O again. I know you can't change the weather! but we just felt trapped on the ship. Will stick to RCI next time!

Best Wishes for 2009, Heather. :)

Do you really think that the cruise line just decided to try and rip everyone off...and pretended that the weather was too bad to dock...when really it wasn't?!?!?

I'm sorry...but that just doesn't even work as a concept?!?!

I can appreciate your frustration though!!! All the extra days on the ship...would get old. But like you said...its just one of those things...it was just the weather.

We've skirted a hurricane before....made for an interesting day. But sometimes...that's just mother nature!

Sorry about the weather!

Archived