Celebrity's Venice Airport Transfer

I know!! I've e:mailed Celebrity too, but we know that could take months for a response :) I'm not too worried, I've read a lot of reviews with people having to leave the ship at 4:30 am for the airport, so there's got to be some transportation in place. Tis the price we pay for free air!! Good luck tonight!

Hi Cruise Junky! WOW, that is an early flight! I fought for about 4 hours yesterday to finally get our flights & we have to (yes, we HAVE to) spend an additional night in Venice because AA couldn't get us out. We're doing Arkansas to Dallas, to Miami to Madrid then Barcelona & return Venice to Madrid to Miami to Dallas to Arkansas. The layovers are pretty good, nothing more than 2.5 hours, so I am pretty happy for free!!! :D

I'll be interested to know what you find out for airport transportation at that early hour. Our flight leaves at 8:05 AM, so we'll be leaving the hotel pretty early too.

I'm really happy with our flights, we fly direct from Vancouver to Frankfurt then to Barcelona and then from Venice to Frankfurt and direct again to Vancouver. So happy that we got those direct flights. And even though that 6:20 is so early, at least it gets us into Frankfurt really early for our connection home, rather than the next flight that cuts it really close. Glad you got your flights, that must be a relief.

Yes, you have good flights! It IS a relief, if anything better opens up later, I can always make a change for no charge, but at least I have something I can live with. Those airlines just don't want to give up FF seats any more!

I just spoke with Celebrity's Air/Sea Department and was advised not to book a flight from Venice before 10:30am on the day of disembarkation. The only other option according to them is to disembark the day before instead of spending the last night on the ship in Venice. I don't know which cruise you are on, but you might want to make sure that you can make that early flight. They definitely will not provide transfers to airport at that time.

Does someone "man" the doors to let you off at all hours????

Well I've never read that they have a curfew to be back on the ship, so if you can get back on, I'm sure you can get off :)

If I have to disembark the day we dock, that's fine....I have tons of starwood points so spending a night at the Danieli won't exactly be a hardship :).

I talked to Celebrity's ground transportation group today, and they couldn't really tell me much, they needed exact dates and next years dates aren't in there yet. But, between 6:30 am and 7:30 am there's flights to London, Paris and Frankfurt....I can't be the only person on this ship who needs to leave the ship early.

I have never spent the night on a ship in the disembarkation port before so I am trying to learn about it. We've always sailed into the port that AM. Since there is no customs, would they let you settle your bill the night before & then just let you of in the AM? This is a very interesting situation--can't wait to hear what you end up doing! Keep me posted!

We are looking at the Millie sailing from Venice to Barcelona (reverse of your itinerary). Would love to hear from someone who sailed this itinerary this year -- especially if you took the Celebrity ship/airport transfers/excursions offered at both embarkation and disembarkation ports. Would love to use that last day in Barcelona for a tour prior to a 1:00 pm flight, but not sure if what the ship offers gives us enough time for a nice tour, or whether we need to book a hotel for one extra day. Any insight into any of the port excursions is appreciated.

Archived