Singles sailing on the Valor, 22 Feb 09

Sailing Solo

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there are other people sailing solo on this cruise. I do not want to "hang around" with anyone all the time but it might be nice to chat and know a couple of other people that may be sailing alone. It is much nicer to go to the Captain's reception with someone else.

I sailed on the Valor last Feb so I am very familiar with the ship and the ports.

Sailing solo

I have cruised solo and I LOVE it!!!

Check out the Roll Call for your sailing. This is often a good way to meet some people to do things with.

I also request Late Seating and a Large Table. I have always been seated with some other solo's and we would sometimes go to the shows or bars together. We also made plans to meet on deck during the day every now and then.

Another thing I have done is book some excursions through Carnival an have met people on the ship this way.

Also.....you might want to go to the Solo Cruisers Message Boards for lots of tips and advice.

Enjoy!!

Hi Liza,

Thanks for the handy tips. Much appreciated! I just found about about the roll call and I have met some couples that way! I have requested a large table but will have to ask if there are tables with singles. Last year we had a table of women...omg...how fun! I was travelling with 2 ladies at the time.

I am very independent so going ashore alone is not an issue. I would like to hook up with some singles for the Captain's reception, etc. I will check out the Solo Cruisers Message Board...I have never heard of that...

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Smooth sailing...

Sailing Solo,

Cynthia

Glad it helped!

You will not know your exact Dining Assignment until you board. On embarkation Day a Dining Room will be open (usually around 1/1:30) for people to see the Maitre D' about changing/checking dining Assignments. The exact time and place will be listed on the info sheet they hand you when checking in. I usually head over there and check out my Table. Tell them that you are a solo cruiser and just are interested in the # of people and general makeup of your table. I did not have to wait for the Maitre D for this. A waitstaff person looked on the computer and has been able to tell me # of Pax assigned to the table and general info such as sailing alone or other party with them and age range.

If it does not sound like you have been matched up properly (at a table for 4 with only another couple for example) you can wait and talk to the Maitre D about a change. I have always been matched up well.

Enjoy!!

Hi Bob,

I did the week after you...the Eastern cruise. I do like Carnival as a single person. I have gone with other ladies and family but this year it is just me!

BTW...what does that mean??? Yikes...computer language :(

Sailing solo,

Cynthia

Hi Bob,

OK...I know...I am slow...PVP???? Private Vacation Planner...lol

When are you headed out and where? Just curious...

I do like the Valor. It is easy to get around and the music was great. I did not attend much in the way of the entertainment. I was on a syncronized swimming team...we came last:( The guy on our team was 6 foot and very hairy...nice centerpiece! LoL

Archived