Westerdam Review - New Year Cruise

EssexWasp

Thank you, OP. I am sailing the Westerdam with family 3/29. We have AYW dining and while I don't mind waiting I definitely don't want to be rushed out of the dining room. Also, my traveling companions are not the most patient group and I am a little concerned about how they will handle an experience similar to yours. Do you think arriving between 6-7 would have made things work smoother for you? I will do just about anything to not have to hear the litany of complaints from my companions!

Thanks!

Hope I get this right. Am going to try to post a link to my photos. Wish me luck! LOL!!

Would love it if anyone else could post links to their photos from this cruise! Thanks!

I really enjoyed your photos. While all of them were very good, you have some photos with unique perpectives that were very creative and interesting!! I am on the Westerdam Feb 15. This will be our third time on her. After the last snow and ice storms in the northeast, we are really lookign forward to some relaxing warm weather on a lovely ship!

By the way... AYW Dining??? SUUUUUCKS!! We are old school cruisers....the old fixed seating dining is so much better.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We loved the Westerdam last year. I have to agree with you about AYW dining. We had a horrible experience with it on the Eurodam last month. Like you, we felt it was about the only negative of the whole cruise. We will not book another cruise with HAL unless we can get traditional seating.

mrsltg, There is a Roll Call for your sailing if you are interested?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894024

Absolutely! Thank you! I am traveling with my mom (61), aunt (celebrating her big 6-0), aunt (58), friend of the family (57), Cousin (30), and her husband (33). I am also 33. Anyway our ages are definitely in two distinct categories so I suspect meeting others would be a great way to make everyone have a good time! Thanks again!

Erin

Archived