Carnival Catalina Islan Beach Break Excursion

canalwen

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this Carnival excursion. We went there last week while cruising on the Carnival Splendor. After getting off the ship, you board a boat that takes you out to Catalina Island. The staff on the boat were all very professional. There was beer, soda and water available on the boat for a price. Once you get to the island (takes about 1/2 hour) you are dropped off on a private beach where there were lounge chairs and umbrellas. Chairs were free and we did not get an umbrella, so I don't know if there was an additional cost for them. You are greeted with a glass of rum punch. The water was very clear and there were a ton of little fish swimming around. There were drinks and a buffet available at an extra cost. The drinks were rather expensive (well either that or we got taken). A rum punch cost my husband $13. We did not partake in the buffet as our excursion ended at noon so we ate lunch back on the ship. We had a good time. One of the couples that were seated with us at dinner did the Bayahibe Beach Break and they raved about it. They had use of a beach, lounge chairs, umbrellas, a pool, free drinks and food. I thought I would share our experience since there was so little information about this excursion available.

Archived