Summit- anyone use the gym lately?

seashell

Hi,

just wondering what equipment they have on the summit and what classes they offer. i was on the Constellation 3 years ago and they had decent treadmills, bikes and weight machines. I workout every day. Any ellipticals?

i'm sure they have a spinning class but last year i tried a yoga/pilates class in the heated pool on HAL. it was a great class. I did not know if they offered such a class on Summit.

Also what is available in the Persian Gardens? Is it a sauna/whirlpool type area? Do they charge a fee per day/week to use it? There's a room like that on HAL so i was just wondering if the Persian Gardens are like that. The heated chairs on HAL are wonderful after travelling (for my back).

thanks for any information you can tell me.

michelle

Hi,

just wondering what equipment they have on the summit and what classes they offer. i was on the Constellation 3 years ago and they had decent treadmills, bikes and weight machines. I workout every day. Any ellipticals? Yes they have all of these and the ellipticals. I used them several times. I believe the brand of equipment was lifetime.

i'm sure they have a spinning class but last year i tried a yoga/pilates class in the heated pool on HAL. it was a great class. I did not know if they offered such a class on Summit. Yes the have spinning class and yoga and pilates but do not remember anything about the pool.

Also what is available in the Persian Gardens? Is it a sauna/whirlpool type area? Do they charge a fee per day/week to use it? There's a room like that on HAL so i was just wondering if the Persian Gardens are like that. The heated chairs on HAL are wonderful after travelling (for my back). The persian gardens had a dry sauna and wet sauna the heated chairs and several different showers.

thanks for any information you can tell me.

michelle

This is all that I remember sorry.

Laura

Laura,

thanks for the answers. not everyone goes to the gym so i had to hope at least one person did. the gyms used to be pretty quiet but now they are pretty full most times i'm there. the classes usually fill up too. my goal is to not gain any weight and if possible drop a pound or two. i'm so much more active on the ship than at home in the cold. I don't care how much i paid for the food i'm eating the best of it not all i can.

did you try the persian gardens? do you know if they charge by the week or if you can get day passes?

michelle

Laura,

thanks for the answers. not everyone goes to the gym so i had to hope at least one person did. the gyms used to be pretty quiet but now they are pretty full most times i'm there. the classes usually fill up too. my goal is to not gain any weight and if possible drop a pound or two. i'm so much more active on the ship than at home in the cold. I don't care how much i paid for the food i'm eating the best of it not all i can.

did you try the persian gardens? do you know if they charge by the week or if you can get day passes?

michelle

Michelle, that was my goal also to not gain any weight as I am eating my way thru the caribbean. I only gained 1/2 pound so i was very happy with it.

We did check out the persian gardens but we passed on it. You can buy day passes and weeklong passes. We were very spoiled by the Radiance class ship of RCCL where there persian gardens have floor to ceiling windows that you can watch the ocean go by. We love it. So the dark room that was Summits persian gardens did not do anything for us.

Laura

Michelle, that was my goal also to not gain any weight as I am eating my way thru the caribbean. I only gained 1/2 pound so i was very happy with it.

We did check out the persian gardens but we passed on it. You can buy day passes and weeklong passes. We were very spoiled by the Radiance class ship of RCCL where there persian gardens have floor to ceiling windows that you can watch the ocean go by. We love it. So the dark room that was Summits persian gardens did not do anything for us.

Laura

Do you know about how much the day and week passes were?

Thanks for the gym update on the Summit. I plan to use it on my sailing on the 17th so I do not gain any weight either. On my 4 day in Dec, I actually lost a pound!

I am not talking to you anymore, lost a pound on a cruise!;)

Laura

Very nice gym on the Summitt. Tends to get crowded late afternoon, which typically is when the ship has jsut left a port. Lots of treadmills, ellipticals, several types of bikes, small room with free weights, and a LOT of weight machines in the main room - shoulder press, bicpes, trunk rotation, etc. Also, there's a good sized floor area with mats, exercise balls, etc. They do run some yoga classes there, too. I used the Persian Garden briefly because it was included in a special "top 2 Toe" sampling in the spa. It has herbal steam, regular steam room, dry heat room, and then an open area with the heated, tiled circular bench. I'm not a big fan of steam, and the heated tile wasn't too enticing on a Caribbean cruise - for me! The Thallasotherapy Pool has no charge, is very large, and seemed to draw a loyal group. Shady, protected from any wind, spa cafe there, etc.

Laura and Granny

I appreciate all the info. I try to workout in the morning so hopefully i'll be able to get on a machine or two. I may only go for a day pass but the heated bench really helps my back. It sometimes doesn't like the day of flying and the heated tiles make it happy again. I can't wait only 2 weeks till my cruise.

michelle

Hope we can still be friends...:rolleyes: I have been on an active weight loss/exercise plan for the last 10 months and the 4-day was a test to see if can do it. We will have to see how I do on a 7day. We leave for San Juan on Friday and sailing on the Summit on Saturday! OMG, I should be packing!:eek:

Hope we can still be friends...:rolleyes: I have been on an active weight loss/exercise plan for the last 10 months and the 4-day was a test to see if can do it. We will have to see how I do on a 7day. We leave for San Juan on Friday and sailing on the Summit on Saturday! OMG, I should be packing!:eek:

Yes we can still be friends.:D I am sure you will do great on the 7 days as you have worked so hard for the last 10 months to really blow it on this trip.

Laura

Laura and Granny

I appreciate all the info. I try to workout in the morning so hopefully i'll be able to get on a machine or two. I may only go for a day pass but the heated bench really helps my back. It sometimes doesn't like the day of flying and the heated tiles make it happy again. I can't wait only 2 weeks till my cruise.

michelle

Michelle, I would think that would feel wonderful on your back. Enjoy yourself.

Laura

Archived