Oasis of the Seas - Balcony Rooms

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have booked a balcony room on oasis of the seas for Feb 6, 2010. We are so excited! We will be cruising with our little boy who will be 12 months old at the time. We have heard that in the balcony staterooms there is a curtain that completely subdivides the sitting area from the sleeping area. Does anyone know if this is true? We have sailed on RCL Explorer of the Seas many years ago but I can't remember a curtain.

Thanks for all of your help!

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have booked a balcony room on oasis of the seas for Feb 6, 2010. We are so excited! We will be cruising with our little boy who will be 12 months old at the time. We have heard that in the balcony staterooms there is a curtain that completely subdivides the sitting area from the sleeping area. Does anyone know if this is true? We have sailed on RCL Explorer of the Seas many years ago but I can't remember a curtain.

From what i recall there is a curtain but i do not think that it completely divides the rooms. I never took mine out of the holder but even with it in there i dont think there was enough curtain to go all the way across the room.......I could be wrong but thats my 2 cents!!! :)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I can't answer you question but would like to invite you to join our Feb 6, 2010 roll call. We already have 60+ people on our list. Come and join us.

None of the curtains have gone completely across the room on any of the ships we've sailed with RCI. They've all been stationary except for the little swag holder and I've never looked to see if that can be released.

This is not to say they won't change things on Oasis but, I'd anticipate that it won't be any different.

Hi Kkettle70,

I was on the Explorer in an inside cabin and it had curtains that would completely close off the sleeping area from the TV/lounge area. However, on several Mariner balcony and JS accommodations the curtains were more decorative room dividers and did not come close to dividing the entire room.

BTW, I assume that if your son will be 12 months old on your cruise that is 13 months away you are expecting real soon - wishing you all the best and enjoy that cruise.

Archived