Just back from the Legend review

jim & Robin

I wanted to add my 2 cents to Jim and Robin's review of the Legend, 11/3.

We had a balcony for the first time. Booked a balcony guarantee and got an 8H cabin, 8218. It was a great location...midway between the Atrium and the steps to the Unicorn Cafe. We are early risers so early morning noise from the Unicorn didn't bother us. We ate every breakfast in the Unicorn, meeting Jim, Robin and the rest of their group most mornings.

Our diningroom staff was not as great as Jim and Robin's. They did the minimum required. We were assigned a table for 2 on the upper level. The Matre' D didn't want to help us get a table with other people, one of my favorite things on a cruise. So, needless to say, he did not get a tip from us on the last night. The 1st formal night we ate at the Golden Fleece. Because it was formal night, we were given a free glass of champagne and a free picture (delivered to our cabin later in the week.) The food was wonderful, way too much, but wonderful. We both had the 9 oz. filet mignon. I think I finished about 2/3 of mine. Dessert was the flourless chocolate cake. I had never had this before and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. We left feeling stuffed and glad we had spent the extra money to eat there.

St. Maarten and Barbados were toured with Jim and Robin and their gang. St. Maarten is beautiful and our driver would stop anywhere we asked so we could take pictures. Lunch in St. Maarten was in Phillipsburg, across the street from the dock for the water taxi at The Barefoot Restuarant. Good local food and great smoothies (good on a very hot afternoon.) The lunch buffet at the Atlantis in Barbados was not worth the $25. The view was beatuiful, great crashing waves on the shore. There is a big difference between the east and west coasts as far as the waves and beaches are concerned. One more thing about Barbados, the roads are in terrible shape. Gary, our driver, said they only fix the roads before elections every 5 years.

Since our time in Martinique was so short, we decided to take a ship's tour of the island. The island is beautiful with many flowers. I got some beautiful pictures. We were spoiled by our private tours on St. Maarten and Barbados. Next time we will do our own tours.

Misc. thoughts...Bring a sweater or jacket, Follies is freezing, even full.

I never met a pastry chef on a cruise ship I didn't like. Even with all the Danish and desserts I ate, I didn't gain a pound. It helped to climb the stairs every chance I had.

Don't miss tea time on sea days. I went to all 3. The teas, food and music are great.

Make sure you see Christopher Alan Graves tribute to Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. The Village Idiots are another must see.

The back stage tour is well worth your time.

The goat cheese and mushoom pizza is everything everyone says it is.

All in all, we did have a great time and would sail Legend again.

Debbe

Jeanne,

Glad to hear from someone else that was on that cruise. Thanks for the nice comments on the pixs. The one of the sunset was strictly by luck. Also the one of the skyline in Ft. Lauderdale as the ship was leaving. It is funny that so many of our pictures are alike. lol. Those islands are all so pretty with so many "Kodak" spots. I took about 200 pictures on the digital in all. I will try to post more online as I have time to sort through them, but today it's back to work and the real world. Bummer. But have to save money for our next cruise.

Jim

Jeanne,

Thanks and I am glad you liked the pics. The sunset shot in Barbados was purley an accident, but it sure turned out nice. It seemed like almost everywhere was a "Kodak" moment. lol. I had a coworker at work today ask me what the highlight of the trip was. I had to think a while but I would have to say the dining room staff and dinner time. It was a very special time. I am glad you enjoyed your cruise, I know we sure did.

Jim

Debbie,

Thanks for putting in your "two cents worth". You covered some things I missed. I forgot about the Village Idiots. They were very funny and we all enjoyed them. We sure enjoyed meeting you and Mike and look forward to maybe cruising with you again in the future.

Jim

Archived