Harrison Caves by Taxi

lachner

I have searched Harrison's Cave on the boards and read a few other sites. I am a bit concerned about the ability to get in to the Caves when not with a tour.

One poster mentioned getting there before the tours. We arrive in port at 7:00 and the Caves open at 9:00. Is there a specific time the tours start arriving? Is there a chance we will not get in at all? If we have asked a taxi to wait and then take us to Welchmans Gully would we end up paying a hourly rate for him to wait?

Thanks

Hello, we were at Harrison's Caves last Thursday, the cab fair from the port was $20 per person, which included the driver waiting for us, and then taking us to The Boatyard beach. Since there were 20 of us, we found another driver to charge us $20 per adult and $15 for each child. You need your driver to wait for you since there are no cabs near the caves. I had emailed the Caves ahead of time to set up a tour time. But if you are traveling on your own and you arrive in the morning, you should be able to get it easily. It does take at least 25 minutes to get to the caves, due to the distance and port traffic.

Another tip, wear a hat inside the caves as the water will drip on your head!

Hope this helps,

When we were in Barbados we went to the caves early and arrived before the tours. I think what happens is that the tours reserve a certain number of tickets at a certain time and you would have to wait if you arrived at the same time. You ride a tram through the caves, so there are only a certain number of seats available. Our taxi waited for us and then dropped us as Folkestone beach.

Archived