Las Escobas Waterfall Voyage excursion

stjude95

Going on NCL cruise in March '09. Has anyone been on the above excursion in Santo Tomas De Castilla and booked it from the ship? Just wondering how long you get to swim at the falls, is it worth it, etc. Details please. THANKS!

I highly recommend waiting until you arrive at the port and heading straight for the booth in the pier with the "GoWithGus" logo on it (on the right-hand side) and booking this tour with them. If possible request Fernando as your guide. We did this last week and it was by far our favorite port and excursion of our cruise. Fernando was awesome, the falls were great and only tended to get crowded as we left (we were only a group of 8, and the falls became crowded when the large ship-sponsored tours began to show up), and the resort time that is included is fantastic.

http://www.tropicaldiscovery.com/accom_guate/green_bay/vacations.php

We paid $45 per person. Compare that with $69, a much bigger group, and no "resort time" on the cruise's excursion. No brainer.

Looks like you can make a reservation ahead of time, but we found it wasn't needed:

http://gowithgustours.com/puerto_santo_tomas.htm

What cruise ship were you on? Exactly what "Tour with Gus" did you take - just the waterfall tour or the waterfall and city voyage tour? How long did you have to walk to get to the falls? How long did you get to stay and swim there? Were there mosquitos? How long did you get to stay at the Green Bay Resort? What time did the tour leave the port? Was there a place to purchase food? I couldn't find any of this info on their website. I would be greatful if you could furnish these details.

I have the following questions regarding the Las Escobas waterfalls. Please feel free to answer all or some. I will be on the NCL Spirit in March 2009.

1. Can you take a cab to the waterfalls (and is it safe to do so)?

2. Approximately how much would the cab fare be?

3. How far are the waterfalls from the cruise port?

4. What are the waterfalls like and what do you do there?

5. What (if any) is the entrance fee?

6. How much time is needed at the waterfalls?

7. En route to the waterfalls, what other points of interest do you pass?

8. What else is near the waterfalls that you can combo with (I thought I read something about a resort nearby)?

9. Would teenage boys (14 and 16) enjoy the waterfalls?

We went with another group. I can't even remember their name but they came up to us when we got off the ship. They took us through the cities, went to a church and cemetary there and then to the two waterfalls (waterfalls were at one place). You could swim about 45-60 minutes. It wasn't with Go With Gus. Go With Gus was across the room from this group and a lot cheaper.

Archived