Ferry transportation instead of taxi's and buses

Let yet?

We will be in Santo Domino,DR next week spending 2 nights before our week cruise on the Vision of the Sea then after cruise a 2 night post cruise in Boca Chica, we will be in the ports of Barbados, Guadelope and Martinique does anyone know if there is local ferry boats to get from one area of the ports without going on a bus or taxi .

Thanks for any help.

Karen

kdeetz : my hubby and i are on the vision in feb (same itinerary) and i have been doing some research on what to do - how to get around; there is not a lot of info out there for guadeloupe or martinique. we are considering renting a car in guadeloupe. some websites yu may find helpful:

http://us.franceguide.com/

http://shoretrips.com/

any info you can pass on after your trip will be helpful. have a great time on your cruise!!

We will be in Martinique in a few weeks, and there is nothing from our cruiseline for tours. We have searched the internet, and shoretrips was all i could find in regards to tours. We want to go to St Pierre etc... All private tours I think I find on the net are all in french. I guess I should have took french in high school! I will let you know what we come up with when we get back.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from RCCL Vision of the Sea for the Jan 18th to Jan 25th sailing, we didn't get to go to Guadeloupe because the Island was on strike so we went to St Barts instead we didn't do much just walked around and people watched the weather was fine after a morning shower. In Martinique we went into town by taxi ($12 for 4 people)

when you get out of the taxi looked to the water side of the road and you can see the ferry docks, the boats go to different beaches the one we went on was roundtrip $9 per person. Barbados is pretty much what you are looking to do go to beaches, rum factory tours or Island tour or just walk around Bridgetown.

Hope you have a wonderful trip

Karen

Archived