Booking online

My son and I are looking at Hawaii and/or Europe in 2010. I usually book through a TA but found some great rates on Vacations To Go. Can anyone share reviews of using them for booking cruises?

They had great rates for this spring/summer with a 55+ and a teacher's discount.

Thanks.

Just get everything in writing before you book. Make sure all discounts are applied and total includes all taxes, fees etc. Don't let them add any insurance on your booking unless it is something you want. Same with transfers. You can do both of those on your own cheaper most of the time. Don't think you will have any problems. Go for it and enjoy!

I used VTG for my first cruise 2 years ago. The TA I had was great. If you are a first time customer, they go out of their way to get your business. A had quotes from 4 different companies and when I told her what the lowest bid was, she met it and threw in ship credits as well. That said, when I booked my 1/09 cruise in 4/08 I did the same drill and contacted VTG as well. They were coming in at middle average price of the competition. I ended up talking to a local TA who matched the next to lowest price and gave me great service. I also tried directly with the cruise line as a past cruiser and got no great deals at all. I the first time you use a reputable internet company, they will give a larger deal to try to keep your business.

Archived