Celebrity Millennium 29 March

AMScruiser

That looks like an interesting cruise as well. I just don't have the time to do both.

I'll just have to wait and see on board. the regular roll call for my cruise is unusually quiet as well. And I suppose it is not sold out at all.

That looks like an interesting cruise as well... And I suppose it is not sold out at all.

Yes I'm really looking forward to it. Yours should be good, although probably not hot enough for sun bathing. Being a kiwi, I've already seen many of those places, which is why I chose the Pacific instead. I hear my leg is also sailing less than full. But it will still be fun!:p

Yes I'm really looking forward to it. Yours should be good, although probably not hot enough for sun bathing. Being a kiwi, I've already seen many of those places, which is why I chose the Pacific instead. I hear my leg is also sailing less than full. But it will still be fun!:p

I think it actually is the very last cruise of the NZ season. I know I need to pack warm clothes and rain gear. I'll be off to Cairns in Australia afterwards so I can do my sun bathing there.

Hi Coolcruiser

My partner and I will be on this cruise, our 2nd on Celeb

Very much looking forward to it too

WIll stay on in Auckland for 2 nights and then back to Dublin ireland

Im Ray and bf is Peter

Hope to see you then

Hi Ray, and Peter,

Looking forward to meeting you. I am travelling alone. My name is Bas. I'll be staying 3 nights in Auckland before heading out to Cairns, Australia.

Hi Ray, and Peter,

Looking forward to meeting you. I am travelling alone. My name is Bas. I'll be staying 3 nights in Auckland before heading out to Cairns, Australia.

Hi Bas

Yes look forward to hopefully meeting up on this trip

Should be a great cruise

And the itinerary looks great

Have ou travelled on Celeb before ? if not your in for a treat

Hi Bas

Yes look forward to hopefully meeting up on this trip

Should be a great cruise

And the itinerary looks great

Have ou travelled on Celeb before ? if not your in for a treat

Hi Ray,

What kind of cabin are you staying in and which seating for dinner?

No, never travelled on Celebrity but reading the threads and other reviews on here I don't really know anymore what to expect. Especially concerning the quality of the food and the dresscode, which both are supposedly slipping.

Will you guys bring dinner jackets for formal nights?

Hi Ray,

What kind of cabin are you staying in and which seating for dinner?

No, never travelled on Celebrity but reading the threads and other reviews on here I don't really know anymore what to expect. Especially concerning the quality of the food and the dresscode, which both are supposedly slipping.

Will you guys bring dinner jackets for formal nights?

Hi again

Food was very good on Mercury we did last April, We have a balcony cabin grade 2a on 9 deck, Yes we bring full tux for formal eves as we feel adds to the unique cruise evening experience.

And were on 2nd sitting , If you like we can see about getting you onto our table unless youd prefer otherwise ?

Ray

Hi again

Food was very good on Mercury we did last April, We have a balcony cabin grade 2a on 9 deck, Yes we bring full tux for formal eves as we feel adds to the unique cruise evening experience.

And were on 2nd sitting , If you like we can see about getting you onto our table unless youd prefer otherwise ?

Ray

I have a concierge balcony on 8 deck. (the deal was just too good to let go). I will bring my dinner jacket too, why else is it hanging in my closet? And I am 2nd sitting too. Since I am travelling alone I don't know where I end up, table wise, so why not with you guys. Don't know how to organise that though.

Maybe better to email me, exchange pics?

My address: a DOT paling AT chello DOT nl

How much time will you spend in Sydney?

I have a concierge balcony on 8 deck. (the deal was just too good to let go). I will bring my dinner jacket too, why else is it hanging in my closet? And I am 2nd sitting too. Since I am travelling alone I don't know where I end up, table wise, so why not with you guys. Don't know how to organise that though.

Hi

we arrive 28th so 2 nights really then 2 nights in Auckland at cruise end

Its easy to organise the sitting, we can ask the maitre d to sort it.

We did concierge class last time was great so you should be spolt

Ray

Hi

we arrive 28th so 2 nights really then 2 nights in Auckland at cruise end

Its easy to organise the sitting, we can ask the maitre d to sort it.

We did concierge class last time was great so you should be spolt

Ray

Well, we should try to meet as soon as possible.

I'll probably arrrive in SYD onthe 27th, staying with friends

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Just changed my cabin number. One of the better CC's came up and I was in time to grab it - through my TA. Will be en 6 deck now.

B.

Hi Babeatsea,

I see you are in Wellington. Maybe we can meet and you can show me around when we dock there.....?::D:D

BAS.

Hi BAS,

actually i do have the day free - that's Thurs 9th April, yeah? First day of my holiday before going up to join the ship the day you get off in Auckland :D.

Let me know what in particular you want to see. It's approx 10 mins walk from the dock straight up past the rail yards to where the city begins, and from there most things are within easy walking distance.

I was on the main thread for your cruise looking for DesertBelle and I noticed you're having some confusion 'bout where the Millennium will berth in Sydney.

It's definately not round in Darling harbour - she won't fit under the harbour bridge. She usually berths at the cruise terminal in Circular Quay.

If you go to www dot flickr dot com and search Celebrity Millennium you can see quite a few shots recently taken of her berthed there. :)

Al.

Hi BAS,

actually i do have the day free - that's Thurs 9th April, yeah? First day of my holiday before going up to join the ship the day you get off in Auckland :D.

Let me know what in particular you want to see. It's approx 10 mins walk from the dock straight up past the rail yards to where the city begins, and from there most things are within easy walking distance.

I was on the main thread for your cruise looking for DesertBelle and I noticed you're having some confusion 'bout where the Millennium will berth in Sydney.

It's definately not round in Darling harbour - she won't fit under the harbour bridge. She usually berths at the cruise terminal in Circular Quay.

If you go to www dot flickr dot com and search Celebrity Millennium you can see quite a few shots recently taken of her berthed there. :)

Al.

Hi Al,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't actually looked into what to do or see in Wellington. But I will definitely not book any Celebrity excursion. So any tips from locals are welcome. Or we can just meet for coffee, for I guess you will be busy packing. and we meet see eachother again in Auckland.

maybe you want to mail me privately? a DOT paling AT chello DOT nl

And as far as Sydney is concerned I think that is sorted out. There will be no 'competition' in town that day so the Overseas Passenger Terminal is ours.

Believe it or not but the My Celebrity Cruise Calender stated till very recently that we would be tendering in Sydney. (I understand that happens sometimes when more big ships are in town at the same time). Since we will spend the first night on board IN Sydney, the Sydney Cove location is very practical.

BAS.

Hi Al,

I haven't actually looked into what to do or see in Wellington. But I will definitely not book any Celebrity excursion. So any tips from locals are welcome. Or we can just meet for coffee, for I guess you will be busy packing...

BAS.

I would worry if I waited till 3 days before the cruise to start packing. :eek: Super organised here.

Wellington is a compact city set between a harbour and hills. The main things to do are:

Stroll round the waterfront and have coffee or gelato.

Visit the huge national museum "Te papa".

Browse the shops and departments stores of Lambton Quay.

Take the cablecar up from Lambton Quay to the Botanical gardens.

Visit the top of Mt Victoria overlooking the ship, city and harbour.

Take your pick.

Stroll round the waterfront and have coffee or gelato.

Visit the huge national museum "Te papa".

Browse the shops and departments stores of Lambton Quay.

Take the cablecar up from Lambton Quay to the Botanical gardens.

Visit the top of Mt Victoria overlooking the ship, city and harbour.

Take your pick.

Sounds all good. Final choice will depend a lot on the weather I guess. thanks for the help.

BAS.

Sounds all good. Final choice will depend a lot on the weather I guess. thanks for the help.

BAS.

True... The Millie is in today and we have thick pea-soup fog - can't see a thing! She normally docks about 6am here... not sure what time you'll disembark, but I could meet you @9am is or later if you prefer. let me know nearer the time. :)

True... The Millie is in today and we have thick pea-soup fog - can't see a thing! She normally docks about 6am here... not sure what time you'll disembark, but I could meet you @9am is or later if you prefer. let me know nearer the time. :)

I will sure do!

I guess it will depend and what we want to do....

email me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived