Pacific deck on Discovery

Parapara

Can anyone tell me whether noise from the Riviera deck above the Pacific deck can be heard in the cabins below. Also what is the Discovery lounge used for? Are the nightly shows held here or in the Carousel lounge?

Many thanks for any information.

We just returned from our second trip on the Discovery (fabulous)! We weren't on the Pacific deck, but knew quite a few people who were and noone that we knew complained about noise from the Riviera deck. All the production shows and talks are held in the Carousel lounge. The Discovery lounge is more like a bar/lounge where the quizzes are held, and the band plays at various times during the afternoon/evening for dancing, etc. The Captain's cocktail parties are also held there. Any more questions, just ask.

Mel

Thank you very much, Mel. I have read your post on the other thread too. Very helpful and informative. We have taken the plunge and booked anyway for a cruise leaving on 3rd September for 28 nights. The cabin is near back of Riviera deck so glad to hear should not be too noisy but will have to hope for calm seas :rolleyes:! We travelled on the Marco Polo in 2006 and very much enjoyed it so like Fran, who posted regularly on the Orient Line website, we hope it will be a good substitute. We are excited anyway!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

although I don't really know about Discovery's Pacific deck, I've recently been on Quail Cruises' M/V Pacific (ex Pacific Princess), which is the identical twin of Discovery (ex Island Princess).

We had a cabin on the Aloha deck, which is the equivalent to Discovery's Pacific Deck. The was absolutely no noise in the cabins, so I think you should be alright.

soedergren

Archived