Mambos on Pearl

dfishner

We really enjoy Tapas and saw on the Pearl they have Mambos which is listed as a Tapas/mexican restaurant. Can anyone explain how Mambos works?

Not sure what you mean by "how it works" but it was the second best meal and service we had on our cruise. It is a "pay" restaurant but you get a

free Margarita so it helps offset the charge. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bill

It's a table service restaurant with an additional charge of (as I recall) $10 per head. I had dinner there on a recent trip aboard the Pearl. I would rate it as "good," but not "great." As is curiously the case with many NCL specialty restaurants, I found that the appetizer items were considerably better than the entrees. I don't recall receiving a free margarita during my visit. Of course, your experience might vary. :-)

Will I eat there again on my upcoming trip aboard the Spirit? Let's say I'll probably wait to see if any 2-fer-1 specials are offered. :-)

Mambos is NOT a Tapas restaurant. It is a Mexican restaurant, located adjacent to a Tapas bar which is easy to overlook. If you only want Tapas, look for or ask for the Tapas bar. If you want a meal, with Tapas as a starter, your server will bring them to your table in Mambos, but there will be a separate charge.

Will I eat there again on my upcoming trip aboard the Spirit? Let's say I'll probably wait to see if any 2-fer-1 specials are offered. :-)

Oops! Correction... It looks like there is no Mexican or Tapas restaurant on the Spirit, so that won't be an option. But I probably will take a wait and see approach with respect to any of the specialty restaurants on board. :-)

Mambos is NOT a Tapas restaurant. It is a Mexican restaurant, located adjacent to a Tapas bar which is easy to overlook. If you only want Tapas, look for or ask for the Tapas bar. If you want a meal, with Tapas as a starter, your server will bring them to your table in Mambos, but there will be a separate charge.

That is what I was asking about the Tapas bar it was confusing to me when I read about it. We enjoy Tapas and would not have a problem making a meal out of it. So is there a charge for the Tapas bar if so how much? thanks for the info

We were having dinner at Mambos. I had seen the description you saw about it being a Tapas/Mexican restaurant so when I didn't see Tapas on the menu I asked our server about it. She pointed to the back of the restaurant and said it was a walk-up Tapas bar but if we wanted she could bring some to our table. We took her up on it and asked her to bring us an assortment, some hot and some cold. Never even saw a menu for them. She brought two plates, one with 3-5? cold and one with 3-5? hot Tapas. I got a slip to sign at the end of of Mambos meal . I think the charge for the Tapas was $15 but I'm not certain, it could have been $10. I'm pretty sure it wasn't more than $15.

Archived