Monarch of the Seas--Cruise Compass

TMEF

• 2 weeks later...
I have them but have no way to scan them. What specific questions do you have and maybe I can find the answer. BTW, we just returned from the 1/23 sailing and had a great time. Scott

Oh cool, one of the latest sailings...

Onboard, did they offer a wine package? They do not offer one online for a 3 day cruise.

What type of drink specials did they offer

Did you hear anything about My Time Dining? It is going shipwide in April.

I know they no longer offer lobster but what did they offer for formal night?

The wine package was offered. I believe a minimum of 5 bottles around 148.00 to start.

Drinks of the day were Bon Voyage, Bahama Mama, Mango Cooler and Lava Flow, Passion Kiss, Tropical Orange Freeze..non alcoholic $8.25 plus 15%

Anytime Dining will start sometime in March on Monarch

Formal night menu:

Night Two: Captain's Gala

Orange Carpaccio thinly sliced citrus complemented by the sweet sharpness of red onion, the salty bit of feta cheese and tangy cumin-mint yogurt

Shrimp Cocktail Royal Chilled shrimp served with Royal cocktail sauce

Escargots Bourguignonne Tender snails, drenched in melted garlic herb butter and baked to perfection

Lobster Bisque Rosy colored and laced with cognac and whipped cream, this is a classic fare

Oxtail Broth Rich beef broth scented with aged sherry, served with a crispy cheese twist

Chilled Golden Pear Delicately sweet, this chilled soup serves as a canvas for the dark red of the dried cranberry garnish

Caesar Salad Simple and classic; crisp romaine lettuce with shaved parmesan and herbed croutons

Truffled Wild Mushroom Linguini Alfredo White truffle oil enhances the earthiness of the wild mushrooms in the creamy pasta dish

Linguini with Mariana Sauce (v) Fragrant sauce of tomatoes, onion and garlic, simmered and tossed with al dente pasta

Golden Sea Bass (Fresh Alaskan Steelhead Trout replaced the Sea Bass on some ships)Pan-seared and served on a mound of creamy black olive polenta, and accompanied by Spanish sofrito and fried capers

Roasted Duck A black currant sauce and sweet red cabbage complement the richness of the duck, while golden brown croquette potatoes add texture

Chicken Breast with Seasonal Herbs Grilled breast of chicken perfumed with rosemary served with assorted vegetables

Filet of Beef Piquant green peppercorn sauce is the perfect partner to this tender cut of beef. Served with a mound of creamy whipped potatoes and meaty sautéed crimini mushrooms

Black Angus Top Sirloin Grilled to order, topped with herb butter and served with garden vegetables

Eggplant Mozzarella Tower Thick sautéed slices of eggplant, drizzled with balsamic glaze, surrounded by chunky plum tomato sauce

Mashed potatoes, baked potato, rice and vegetable of the day (available every night)

Grand Marnier Soufflé with each bite this warm delicacy melts on the tongue to release a hint of slightly bittersweet orange liqueur

Double Strawberry Cheesecake creamy cheesecake laced with a strawberry swirl, Add a dollop of whipped cream, a spoonful of strawberry compote and enjoy!

Cherries Jubilee warmed, dark red cherries laced with Kirsch, Generously ladled over vanilla ice cream

Low-fat Double Strawberry Cheesecake Low fat cheesecake laced with a strawberry swirl, Add a spoonful of strawberry compote and enjoy!

Sugar-free Coconut Vanilla Layer Cake a Tahitian vanilla mousse rests between layers of moist cake, Toasted coconut adds a bit of crunch

Avoid the Lobster Bisque, way too salty and strong...have heard this from several past cruisers. escargots and orange carpaccio, the duck and filet were both good. For dessert the Grand Marnier Souffle and the Coconut Layer Cake were both good.

1stplacechef

Love your review of the food. We leave on Feb 16th and look like I will be trying the Duck. You do know your food.

Thanks, Looking forward to sone down time and having some fun.

Scott (firstplacechef), are these your comments on the food or what's written on the menu? I ask because you didn't like the lobster bisque yet it has a positive comment after it.

Had um...STOP

Cat barfed on um...STOP

Can't send Compass...STOP

Will send cat instead...STOP

Please send address!!!

Yeah, we've got one the does that on everything too! :eek: Needless to say, you can keep your cat, but do you want ours as a playmate for yours? :D

Does anyone know about Jade on Monarch of the Seas? We're cruising next week on Monarch and were a little bummed Johnny Rockets wasn't on-board. Can someone describe Jade? Are Jade coupons included for repeat RCI cruisers like Johnny Rockets coupons are??

Thanks for the help!

dolfandude and others, the menus are the way they were mostly written on the ship with their description not mine. They make everything sound great though, don't they?

babie, no coupons for Jade....we did not try Jade but some friends of ours did and loved it! Worth the extra cost they said. Food is very subjective, I feel, it was always fun to hear different comments on all of the dishes. The table next to us hated some of the same dishes we loved. Different strokes......

Babie: I was equally bummed about Johnny Rockets, but then decided that there are a ton of other choices, so it would be okay.

Anyone know what type of items are on the menu for Jade and how much the surcharge is?

What time is Sorrento's open to at night? My hubby is a late night pizza addict on cruises.

• 1 year later...

Archived