Argh! Too many choices of good tours ... thoughts on which Serenity tour?

Cahroozer

Hi there kyriecat is Serenity Tours as good as they being portrayed? My 70 year old mom is on cruise with us, we would love to book an activity that will blow her mind. Are they really genuine? Please help.
I personally think they did a fantastic job. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. Because of my mom's special needs, I called them a couple of times to review what my mom could do prior to making the booking. After the first call, the Serenity team made some recommendations for an itinerary based on what I had told them. I had been to St. Lucia a few times so knew about some of the places they mentioned and did some online research on the others. After deciding what we wanted to do and see, I called them back, reviewed the list, and gave them my CC# to book. A couple weeks before the cruise, Serenity called me to re-verify our meeting time/place and go over the itinerary again.

When we got off the ship, our guide was waiting right near the gangway with a sign that had my name on it. We did a private tour so it was just mom & me along with John, our driver/guide. Because we were the only ones on the tour, we set the pace and were able to stay longer at a couple places that we enjoyed and leave when we were done at others. John's wife packed us snacks (she's a great cook!) and local fruit juice (sorrel) for the tour.

Are you interested in a private tour or one of the group tours? The group tours are generally cheaper unless you have your own group but you are stuck on a scheduled tour with people who may or may not stick to the schedule. I saw a few other Serenity vans while we were doing our tour. Each one held around 10 people. The private tours offer you the flexibility to decide how long and what to see, but you are going to pay more unless you have a group.

You mention that your mom is 70, but age isn't really the factor. Is she an active person, average person, or special needs person? My grandma is in her 80s, but she still walks 2 miles every day. She could easily do one of the island tours that are offered, although I'm not sure about the ziplining. :D;) We did a modified version of the island tour so I don't know anything about the combo land/sea tours.

I think you should take blyle's advice and call them. If you are interested in one of their standard tours, make a list of questions and see what they say. If your mom can't do some of the things on the tour, let Serenity know what she can do and see if they can recommend an alternate tour. If you are interested in a private tour, let them know your mom's abilities and if you have anything special that you'd like to see. They will do the best they can. If your mom does have some special needs, please realize that the island is not fully accessible so there are some things that she simply can't do.

St. Lucia is a gorgeous island - very lush and mountainous. I hope you have a great time with your mom.

One thing you should know is that the roads are windy and not a straight drive. Lots of up and down hills too. I doubt she could walk to the waterfall but she could see the drive in volcano for sure. I had just broken my foot and our private tour was adjusted for me. We had lunch at the Beacon restaurant with a view of the Pitons and it was breathtaking. Just be sure you tell them her limitations. If you call them tell them you'd like to see the Barb and Ed palm trees!!!!

We sail in two weeks:D Booked Serenity land and sea tour some time back after reading up on them and others. After my call to John, I had no question in my mind that this was the right group to book with. He was able to walk me through all my questions and concerns. Won't have long to wait, to see if everything is true.

Scott and Kathy

Hi there kyriecat is Serenity Tours as good as they being portrayed? My 70 year old mom is on cruise with us, we would love to book an activity that will blow her mind. Are they really genuine? Please help.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'd like to say a resounding YES. They are that good. We went with them in a group tour (it was just the two of us so I didn't think of a private tour) and I have some mobility issues. Our guide was the most considerate person, knowledgeable and a whole lot of fun. There were a couple of areas that I couldn't get to, but I still got to see plenty. There was one place I couldn't manage to get to and she took our camera and went with my husband so that she could take a picture of him there and show me when he rejoined me. It was a fabulous day.

Thanks all for responding to my moms' concerns. It is wonderful when persons share interest in older folks. She is rather excited on going on cruise. I did contact Serenity and Cosol got an email from Carol about our interest but no answer from Cosol. All in all I must complement her for taking time out to brief us on the variety of tours they offer. Thanks again

Archived