Shark dive in Roatan

theplaceofh

We looked into it...but since I don't have 25 dives under my belt yet, I am not qualified for it. I think you can sign up through an independent operator if your ship doesn't offer it. We are going off on our own to scuba in Roatan, and one of the possibilities offered was shark dive.

Maybe we will be diving in some of the same places as you on our cruise. Have fun.

swymn

NCL Pearl 1/25/09

I didn't know you had to have 25 dives. The only info. I've seen from the independent contractors on Roatan is that you need to be certified and have recent experience. We have about 10 dives, but we plan to shore dive in Grand Cayman and dive in Cozumel before we get to Roatan. This is mainly a diving cruise for us, but we're skipping diving in Belize.

I have e-mailed several dive operators in Roatan to ask about the shark dive. My main concern is do we have enough time to get to a dive shop, go to the site, dive, and get back in time to catch the boat?

I've been e-mailing Mayan Divers, and they will set up a shark dive for cruise passengers. I'm sure that they would like to have more divers than just my dh and me, so if any of you are interested in doing a shark dive in Roatan on January 30th, please respond here. Otherwise, dh and I are going to be shark bait all alone. :D

Archived