Disembarkation

aussie2324

We are going on the Pacific Sun N927 5th sept 09. I am wanting to know how long it takes to disembark ? We have a flight back to Newcastle at 1255hrs we have to be at the airport no later that 1215hrs will we have enough time or should we change the flights to a later time ? Also are taxi's easy to get at the cruise line terminal ? I can't find any thing on the P&O site regarding post cruise transport.

Thankyou for any input.

Tracey :)

countdown.pl?name=aussie2324&date=9-5-2009&image=Beach-10&text=Totally Addicted&ship=Pacific Sun

Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Nov 30th 08

Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean Dec 7th 08

Hi Tracey,

On our cruise in May last year, we were disembarked by around 8.30 (even being locals). Generally, the ship always arrives early :mad: and disembarking usually commences around 8.00 am. Taxis would be a "dime a dozen" at the terminal - I shouldn't think you will have any troubles finding one and getting to the airport in time for your flight.

Sarah

Hi Tracey

When you're on board, you'll be given a form to fill out about your disembarkation arrangements. After you've completed the form and returned it - they'll work out what allocation you get to try to meet your arrangements post the cruise.

Later on in the cruise, toward the end, you get another letter delivered to your cabin with your allocated 'group' for departure and tags that coincide with this group to put on your bags. The letter will tell you what time you're to assemble in the designated waiting area and the expected time you will dissembark.

P&O try to match you up with the group that will best fit with your post-cruising arrangements.

We've always been off fairly early (similar to Sarah, although we're not local, we're independent). I think you should be ok!

If you get your letter and you don't think you could possibly make it to the airport in time, see the purser to see if it can be changed.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!!!:)

On one cruise where we were given an early disembarkation group, we were standing out in the street at 7.15am, and on other cruises it has been around 8am to 8.15am. There are plenty of taxis. When you come out of the Customs area with your luggage there is a Taxi Marshall (for want of a better word) who will ask you how many people and where to. He will point out an appropriate size taxi. They just keep rolling through and I haven't ever seen much of a queue. You might have one or two couples/families ahead of you. I would say that within 10-15 minutes of walking out of the Customs Hall you will be driving away in your taxi. It is about a 15-20 minute drive to the airport terminal. I

I would not change your flight time. :):)

Evon.

We live locally and will be happy to be one of the last of the ship. What sort of time are the last to leave the ship. I assume you can have breakfast prior to departing? :confused:

Hi Jingles,

Yes, you can have breakfast before leaving the ship. We live locally, and on the last few cruises have got in our taxi around 8am - 8.15am.

On the last few cruises they have not asked us to vacate our cabins at 6am (or some unearthly hour like that!). You can leave your hand luggage in the cabin while you go to breakfast. Leave it in one spot out of the way because your steward will be getting the cabin ready for its new occupants. This is better than lugging your stuff with you while you have brekkie. :):):)

Evon.

On the New years cruise they started disembarking at 6.30am. We had no connections and we were off by 8am. Like Evon said we were not asked to vacate the cabin so we made sure everything was packed up, checked with our guy and left our hand luggage in the wardrobe just inside the door. We went into the dining room for breakfast which was apparently less stressful and quicker than the buffet.

You've cleared that up for me (& others I'm sure). Will make a note of eating breakfast in dining room and leaving hand luggage in room. At that rate we will be home by 8.30/9am at the latest, :( what an anticlimax that will be. Oh well at least we'll have the day to do all the washing and then rest Sunday before back to work/school. :eek:LOL. Still got 200+ days but they're gonna fly by. 1 week to go and schools back - yeeha.:D

You've cleared that up for me (& others I'm sure). Will make a note of eating breakfast in dining room and leaving hand luggage in room. At that rate we will be home by 8.30/9am at the latest, :( what an anticlimax that will be. Oh well at least we'll have the day to do all the washing and then rest Sunday before back to work/school. :eek:LOL. Still got 200+ days but they're gonna fly by. 1 week to go and schools back - yeeha.:D

Three cruises this year. You lucky thing.:p

Thankyou all. I can see we have nothing to worry about

We arrived back a little late our cruise on the PS, our flight was booked a 1pm, we were booked on a bus to the airport, the line up was very long, we just made it abourd the bus, we just made it to the airport! the family of four behind us didnt. they missed the plane! Make sure you have travel insurance!

Lesley

Archived