When the price of the Cruise goes down after you book any luck with a credit?

azzy

Hello,

We booked a Costa cruise with an Internet Agency and the price has dropped

but we are told we will not receive any credit.

Anyone have any luck with this? I have read on the boards of upgrades and such but we are not being offered anything.

The difference is $400 for 4.

We took a chance with Costa even though we had terrible customer service and problems but thought overall the cruise was fine.

We were irritated not being compensated for the terrible meal we paid for, but had no luck.

Our TA said we are in the penalty phase but we booked 12/18 and have not received any paperwork yet.

Thanks,

KO

back. If not on your CC maybe as an onboard credit. I have cruised with many cruise lines, and have always gotten the price difference back. You should call Costa directly and see what they say, $400 is alot of money, I would try for it.

Sometimes cruiselines give the difference, but it is not an automatic given. And I have found that internet agencies are the worst for giving any refund. That's why we would normally book our cruise with the cruiseline direct.

Good luck, but if they told you NO , then I would think that is the final answer.

You say you have no paperwork yet, but surely you have online confirmation # etc - We have found that you dont receive paperwork until closer to the cruise time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad someone posted this ?. We booked the Fortuna for the 22nd of Feb. and the price has dropped so low. I have called Costa and they tell me they cannot refund my money. They would upgrade me, which I have no interest in being upgraded to the exact same balcony on a higher deck. Big deal. Our loss was almost $400 each couple, and there are three couples. This really ticked me off. We had booked with a TA that went out of business so Costa picked up our reservations. The agent at Costa told me that he bent over backwards for me with this reservation, to which I told him, THAT IS YOUR JOB. End of story. I cruise about every three months and always with Royal Caribbean. Our last cruise in December the price dropped two weeks before sailing and one phone call is all I made and they instantly refunded my credit card, $645. How is that one!!! That is a company that takes care of their passengers. As far as I'm concerned Costa obviously isn't interested in keeping us happy. I did one cruise with them before and it was just so so. We'll see. Any cruise is fine by me, but they have started off on the wrong foot. Oh and we did manage to get onboard credit. Big deal. Like $50 each. That's a couple of drinks the first night. You wait, this is going to drop again cause they can't fill their ship. Cruise.com has really low prices now, but because we are in the penalty phase they have us by the you know what.... In this economy you think they would be doing their best to make us happy cruises. That is if they want us to come back. Which I would never ever in a million years after this showing of their customer service. Oh and for all of you out there that paid any type of fuel charge on your reservation, then call them. They have to refund it to you. That also turned out to be a joke, they refunded my credit card$35. I called AGAIN and said, "Where is the other $35?" And I got, oh this is a mess we will call you back. Guess what? They didn't....So I will be on the phone with them again today. This is supposed to be a vacation, they make it work. Good luck to all of you. Call and tell them you want onboard credit. Let's stand together on this one.

I am a home cruise agent. In most cases if you find a lower rate your cruise agent should be able to "rebook" you at the lower fare. In some cases the fare you paid may have been a special fare with restrictions in which case you would not get the lower fare. But you should call Costa and find out. Your cruise agency should have done this for you. Using an agent is always best because they will help you if they can.

Good Luck

Hi, well I did book with an agent. Cruise Value Center and they went out of business and I had paid the whole cruise off and they took my money. Costa got my deposit, but CVC didn't pay them the pay off. My credit card company immediately refunded my money. So Costa took over the booking. Then I screwed.

Hi, well I did book with an agent. Cruise Value Center and they went out of business and I had paid the whole cruise off and they took my money. Costa got my deposit, but CVC didn't pay them the pay off. My credit card company immediately refunded my money. So Costa took over the booking. Then I screwed.

Likely when you booked with CVC the price was lower than Costa or anyone else (that is the reason for using that on-line booking, right?) HOWEVER, quite often in the fine print of these on-line agencies is a policy that they WILL NOT refund for lower fare (I know, I have used CVC and online vac center and neither have refunded for a lower listed price) That's the chance you take when you book with them as opposed to going directly to the cruiseline. Sooooo, your initial booking was with an on-line agency, not Costa (they only got you by default) so they really dont owe you anything at this point. Sure, it would be nice, but you didnt go to them with the initial booking so they arent likely as inclined to honour your request.

[

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamanance viewpost.gif

quote=njs;17939061]Likely when you booked with CVC the price was lower than Costa or anyone else (that is the reason for using that on-line booking, right?) HOWEVER, quite often in the fine print of these on-line agencies is a policy that they WILL NOT refund for lower fare (I know, I have used CVC and online vac center and neither have refunded for a lower listed price) That's the chance you take when you book with them as opposed to going directly to the cruiseline. Sooooo, your initial booking was with an on-line agency, not Costa (they only got you by default) so they really dont owe you anything at this point. Sure, it would be nice, but you didnt go to them with the initial booking so they arent likely as inclined to honour your request.

Excacty,and they also were willing to give you an upgrade ,a $50 boardcredit each and a $35 fuel refund,so what did they do wrong.?

This is a very slippery slope. I booked a Carnival cruise last fall (I paid in full as it was within that period) and the price went down 2 days later. I called c____.com and the first person I spoke to put me on hold while 'she called Carnival', came back and said 'sorry, they said no'. Having worked as a TA, I found that hard to believe as Carnival was always the easiest to work with in these circumstances. So I called the online agency again later in the day, got someome else who said, 'Hmmm, I don't even see a note on your booking that you called" and had me hold (again) while she saw what she could do. Miraculously, she got me an obc for the $80 difference!! We all know (now) that the first girl did absolutely nothing!! So sometimes just who you talk to is what can make the difference.

Archived