Positive Orchestra reviews ONLY here!

harryfrancis

We just finished a week onboard MSC Ochestra.:) Our 8th cruise. The ship is very beautiful and the staff (only the 3rd sailing in North America) did a very good job. Not outstanding but certainly beyond average. Most service staff could understand simple English but could not converse well. The extra effort we have seen in the past from room stewards, to dining room staff and drink waiters was not present. The meals were acceptable, (mostly) but certainly not to the standard which we expected on a cruise. There is definately a European flair to the menu. Pasta and risotto everynight was an option. We were disappointed that a free coffee service area was not available 24 hours. You needed to call room service for a coffee at 9pm.

The itinerary was great but we felt the in-port time could have been extended. Most days we only had enough time for the tour and very little time to see anything else.

The embarkation and dis-embarkation was likely the easiest and smoothest from all of our cruises. :):):) I hope others will learn from MSC in this area.

We appreciated the few announcements, however, is it really necessary when they are made that 3-5 languages are spoke. A 5 minute announcement became 25 when English, French, Spanish, Italian, German were given. TOO TEDIOUS!

Overall I would recommend this cruise line but be prepared it for a limited dinner menu that may not be a 5 star rating. Staff that will try their best, and a ship that you can easily explore a new area at the end of the week. It's BIG.

I agree Agent girl. Any post has a topic and it is nice to stick to the topic.

It is easy to wander, but if it says right up front, positive reviews only, then that is what people who decide to post to the topic should try to attempt. We are free to start any topic we want on these boards. Those who want to start a negative cruise thread can do so.This thread is for positive reviews to offer encouragement. Some of us have already spent hard earned money to go and any positives are welcomed. Those just thinking of going need to read the positives too. They can find the negatives elsewhere on this board and I appreciate those posts as well. I've read the majority of posts about the Orchestra. I hope the positive reviews here continue. Please don't be intimidated. I'm very happy that this post was started. Thank you!

We just finished a week onboard MSC Ochestra.:) Our 8th cruise. The ship is very beautiful and the staff (only the 3rd sailing in North America) did a very good job. Not outstanding but certainly beyond average. Most service staff could understand simple English but could not converse well. The extra effort we have seen in the past from room stewards, to dining room staff and drink waiters was not present. The meals were acceptable, (mostly) but certainly not to the standard which we expected on a cruise. There is definately a European flair to the menu. Pasta and risotto everynight was an option. We were disappointed that a free coffee service area was not available 24 hours. You needed to call room service for a coffee at 9pm.

The itinerary was great but we felt the in-port time could have been extended. Most days we only had enough time for the tour and very little time to see anything else.

The embarkation and dis-embarkation was likely the easiest and smoothest from all of our cruises. :):):) I hope others will learn from MSC in this area.

We appreciated the few announcements, however, is it really necessary when they are made that 3-5 languages are spoke. A 5 minute announcement became 25 when English, French, Spanish, Italian, German were given. TOO TEDIOUS!

Overall I would recommend this cruise line but be prepared it for a limited dinner menu that may not be a 5 star rating. Staff that will try their best, and a ship that you can easily explore a new area at the end of the week. It's BIG.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I found it to be overall very positive:D

I appreciate good reviews and bad reviews. I wish that all reviews were good, but I am living in the real life. I am using bad reviews to prepare for the trip. I am at the stage where I cannot change my cruise line, so I know I'll go on the MSC Orchestra and I also know that I will have a good time. Based on the bad reviews I am adjusting my expectation. If I know that coffee is not available 24/7, I'll be ready for that. If I know that sound insulation is not good, I'll have my earplugs. etc.

So please post your reviews and tips. Good or bad - I like them. This is my first cruise and I am reading everything I can about MSC Orchestra and each port.

Why is it wrong to have a thread where positive people can get positive reviews? There are plenty of places for all of the negative stuff for all who want to read that sort of thing.....but why can't we request "positive comments only" on just one thread? Why is that such a bad thing? Are the negative people in the world the only ones with rights these days? Just wondering.......I'm with HarryFrancis.......nice is, well....nice for a change!:D Don't let the slams begin now......this is only mho and I am truly not trying to start a war here! Just giving food for thought. Play nice:o.

I agree...I don't think there should be anything wrong with having one thread for positive comments only. Personally, I'm tired of weeding through the negative things. I understand that not everything is going to be perfect on the ship. There are going to be problems, but I'm tired of having to read them and weed through them. I would like to be able to just read the positives. Realizing that not everything will be perfect on my cruise, I will make the best of my vacation no matter what the circumstances. Therefore, it's nice to have a place where the positives are shared.

Why is it wrong to have a thread where positive people can get positive reviews? There are plenty of places for all of the negative stuff for all who want to read that sort of thing.....but why can't we request "positive comments only" on just one thread? Why is that such a bad thing? Are the negative people in the world the only ones with rights these days? Just wondering.......I'm with HarryFrancis.......nice is, well....nice for a change!:D Don't let the slams begin now......this is only mho and I am truly not trying to start a war here! Just giving food for thought. Play nice:o.

Agentgirl, I understand what you are saying and not slamming you here....I don't feel it's right to say "negative people". Previous reviewers have all commented both ways, but it seems the issue is that sometimes the... not so positive experiences were so numerous that they far outweighted the positive. Also, in response to specific questions, the response could be... not so positive. The result, those people are being unfairly labeled complainers and trolls ( it's been insinuated that I am a troll, and I've been a cruisecritic member for years! ) and all sorts of "negative" things by the people who consider themselve positive. The result, people will not want to post reviews or respond to questions if they feel their answers will not be accepted as their experiences, perspectives, opinions, whatever you want to call them. It just seemed as if you couldn't say anything the least bit not so positive or you were getting slammed! Agentgirl, hope you don't think I am not playing nice....geez it's such a shame we have to be careful regarding our every words these days.

And to everyone: do you REALLY think you will see a thread labeled negative reviews only here? LOL! Also, most threads do go off track, people start asking personal questions, where do you live, how old are you children, I see you were on that other cruise ship/line what did you think, it's snowing here......blah blah blah....it's something that is just gonna happen.

SOW THERE! Love your screen name. Thanks for the compliment!;)

HuskerFan2 - Go Big Red!!!! Ooops I went off track. So glad you posted your comments! Would love to hear your not so positives also. Just as vimtmp said - it will help future cruisers prepare so they can adjust or lower their expectations or whatever so they can ensure having the best cruise experience possible. If people don't want to read those comments, they can just skip them (that's what alot of us do and it works!).

Let me say that this is why I started this thread... So people can come to a specific spot to hear the GOOD about the MSC Orchestra. Now, if someone wants to go ahead and do the opposite, feel free. But PLEASE, if you just feel the urge and need to write your negative thoughts, re-read the title... it's for POSITIVE reviews(and thoughts) ONLY about the MSC ORCHESTRA! I am not an employee of MSC nor have I ever been on any of their ships. I just wanted a place where people could find the positives that they seek.

Happy cruising to you all... :D

just curious if you have plans to sail on MSC? I spend alot of time checking these boards for ships I either have booked a cruise on or one I am planning on. Didn't see MSC listed for you? I knew your can post where and when you want but I said I'm just curious why the huge interest in this cruise?

Toro you are right on. We were a party of 10 & had a wonderful time. What a beautiful trip. You missed the great buys on wine, 7 bottles for $105, tip inc. & the woderful concets & opera. I 3 to 4 times a yr & this was my 4th on MSC, but the classical inclusion was a great suprise in addition to all that you mentioned. We were tired of listening to the complainers, also must mention the pizza, real mozzarella cheese not imitation as we get here.

just curious if you have plans to sail on MSC? I spend alot of time checking these boards for ships I either have booked a cruise on or one I am planning on. Didn't see MSC listed for you? I knew your can post where and when you want but I said I'm just curious why the huge interest in this cruise?

I have also been following these boards for some time, as both a past and future cruiser on MSC. From that I have deduced that WhoDat sailed on the recent 2 day cruise. Over the past couple of weeks, s/he has contribed a fair amount of both positive and not so positive comments. To be honest, I'm not sure I would have remained that objective if I had been on that cruise.

Here's a positive.......I am so looking forward to my cruise in April!:D Beautiful turquoise waters, warm sunshine, tropical breezes, good friends- both old and new, swaying palm trees, someone else making my bed and cooking my meals, dancing under the stars, not thinking about work for a week, relaxing on my beautiful balcony as an island appears in the distance, breathing fresh caribbean air.............and much much more.:)

Another posititve........NO Laundry!!..........plus, I need a break from family problems.........

Another positive..........NO phone service!! YES!!!

Can't wait to snorkel with my dd, play on the beach, ride a catarman, eat fruit and have a cocktail with dh on the balcony, (maybe) ride a segway and pretend we are the mall cops--hehe

My list can go on, and on.....:cool:

Another posititve........NO Laundry!!..........plus, I need a break from family problems.........

Can't wait to snorkel with my dd, play on the beach, ride a catarman, eat fruit and have a cocktail with dh on the balcony, (maybe) ride a segway and pretend we are the mall cops--hehe

I love it! You've inspired me to push all the negative vibes I have around this vacation completely out of my head.

We did the segways on St. Maarten, I believe it was- they are the coolest thing!!!! We had a blast tooling around the sidewalk and then went "off-road" onto the beach! So much Fun!:D

Oh yea-- I have been holding back bookin them. We are thinking of Nassau. We really wanted to do the sea lion adventure, but they are full.

I keep emailing them and asking for cancellations, but another notice today they were full.

I think we might just go ahead and book the Segways...

My dd thinks they look great!

Oh yea-- I have been holding back bookin them. We are thinking of Nassau. We really wanted to do the sea lion adventure, but they are full.

I keep emailing them and asking for cancellations, but another notice today they were full.

I think we might just go ahead and book the Segways...

My dd thinks they look great!

When we did the Segways a little boy about 8 was on one and even though they say you can't fall- he did and busted his mouth on the "steering" pole!:eek: Of course, he was riding close to others, stopping short- playing around basically and not being careful! So just be careful! As long as you are being smart you will have a great time! We did- it was awesome!

Midnight buffets.......walks on the deck at sunset with my DH.......sunrise from my balcony in the morning........no incessant announcements touting "Bingo in the Lounge at 3:00"..........Falling asleep to the gentle rocking of the ship..........waking up to the sounds of the waves against the ship..........meeting new people from other parts of the world.........Italian Gelato which EVERYONE agrees is MARVELOUS..........

NEXT?!?!?!?

Archived