New "Dream" compares to what existing ship?

LynnTTT

I just booked a "repositioning" cruise on the new Dream, leaving Rome on Oct 27. Can't believe the price. We had already planned on going to Greece in October, and returning on this 16 day cruise won't cost us that much more than the equivalent of the return on a round trip airfare.

The ship will be brand new, but does anyone have an idea of the closest "twin" that Carnival already has operating? Clearly we won't have the advantage of the waterpark, but I am interested in the restaurants, entertainment, etc.

The dream is a brand new ship in itself... the first of two that are scheduled.

The Carnival website has a huge section with tons of pics dedicated to the dream.

Sounds like a steal!

Catrin

I just booked a "repositioning" cruise on the new Dream, leaving Rome on Oct 27. Can't believe the price. We had already planned on going to Greece in October, and returning on this 16 day cruise won't cost us that much more than the equivalent of the return on a round trip airfare.

The ship will be brand new, but does anyone have an idea of the closest "twin" that Carnival already has operating? Clearly we won't have the advantage of the waterpark, but I am interested in the restaurants, entertainment, etc.

We're on the Oct 15th Grand Med, the last Med cruise the Dream does before she does the transAtlantic.

The Dream is in a new class by herself and at 130,000 GT, will be the largest in the Carnival fleet. Carnival is building a sistership, the Carnival Magic which I think will begin operating in 2011.

The Dream will have a main lido deck pool with a retractable roof, so you'll be able to get some pool action. Also, it of course, has Seaside Theater. And, many hot tubs (including 4 that hang over the side of the ship!). The ship has the most elaborate waterslides (waterworks), with one slide that dumps you in a "bowl"...

"You'll love the ship and the trip! You'll have plenty of "fun days at sea", that's for sure! Enjoy!!

Oh. I didn't know about the retractable roof. That's great.. I assume it will be a little cold for the slides etc, although if they are operating, I may have to try it!!! It's going to be a long cruise.. Hubby has already worried about packing, what clothes to take, where is he going to get books for the voyage, etc. We'll be traveling thru Greece, then taking a short flight to Rome etc. I don't plan on lugging formal wear, paperbacks thru the Greek Islands.. Oh well, we went to Europe for 6 weeks a few years ago and did it all with one medium sized suitcase and a carry on each. Felt like burning those black pants once we got back.

Archived