Dominican Republic help please

surrey lolly

Having not been there decided on doing it with 2 other couples.

Bus ride there a bit of a drag as 30 minutes. But once there and host found out I was blue jay fan living toronto he couldn't do enough. Gather in reception wait for wrist bands and he said what ever you need wave as I will be on the beach. Well tray of beer after tray of beer arrived to our lounges. Approx 6 and almost missed bus back. People AROUND US STAYING AT RESORT WANTED HIM TO DELIVER AND HE SAID NO ONLY THIS GROUP. lol. Yes tipped him. They came and got us and the ride back was short LOL. Party bus as everyone was half in the bag. Stopped at pier and bought coffee and tried it this week. GREAT. Well worth it and area beautiful and lots of people but princess reserves lounges for you. Sand great, flamingo on beach and water inviting.

DO IT!

I think TOTO may have posted infor on another thread about her experience as she sailed with us.

Not much in port area at all.

She mentioned about people taking a cab to town and she also did the island excursion which was just so so.

Just returned from a 7 day cruise on Carnival Splendor. My wife and myself went on the - Altos de Chavon Artist's Village -

We were unsure of this excursion from reviews we had read had heard both good and bad. But we truly enjoyed it. Very beautiful ride there and back. Our guide was wonderful. The village was beautiful and lots of cuture. Picked up a couple of peices of local artwork and was able to hagle what we feel was a really good deal. We both would recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
Having not been there decided on doing it with 2 other couples.

Bus ride there a bit of a drag as 30 minutes. But once there and host found out I was blue jay fan living toronto he couldn't do enough. Gather in reception wait for wrist bands and he said what ever you need wave as I will be on the beach. Well tray of beer after tray of beer arrived to our lounges. Approx 6 and almost missed bus back. People AROUND US STAYING AT RESORT WANTED HIM TO DELIVER AND HE SAID NO ONLY THIS GROUP. lol. Yes tipped him. They came and got us and the ride back was short LOL. Party bus as everyone was half in the bag. Stopped at pier and bought coffee and tried it this week. GREAT. Well worth it and area beautiful and lots of people but princess reserves lounges for you. Sand great, flamingo on beach and water inviting.

DO IT!

Which resort is it that this tour takes you to? Is it an all inclusive with drinks and food included? We will be on a Princess cruise in 1 week and this is one of our ports so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Will be visiting for the day with Princess cruises in March never crusied before what is not to be missed.

Any Suggestions please thank you all in advance:cool:

Take it ,the cruise ship docks here for the day,if so,

Take a short a cab ride into the city,oldest in Americas, not to be missed, several sellers around,beards etc,but not to be concerned about,unlike Jamaica.

But fascinating.

P.S we where there on the 2 FEB 09

Archived