Topolobompo

Spanky My

We took both of them. They were both worthwhile, and you are in Topo for QUITE A WHILE :D. We got an early shuttle (maybe 10 am??) to Los Mochis, toured around downtown on foot for a while, then got a shuttle back to the ship for lunch. Then we got the other shuttle to the beach (around 2 pm, I think) and went to Maviri Beach. We heard LOTS of complaints about both Los Mochis and the beach. We found them worth the time and the little effort it took us. (Apparently some of our cruisemates were appalled to see Mexicans in Mexico.)

Note that the shuttles stop running pretty early. The port info sheet will give you the times. The shuttle to Los Mochis takes about 1/2 hour. No guarantee that you'll fit on the shuttle back to the ship, so you may have to wait for the next one. We had to wait -- I think it was about 1/2 hour. The shuttle to Maviri Beach takes about 20 mins. It only ran every 2 hours, I think, when we were there. There were a bunch of people who had to be STUFFED onto the last returning shuttle, we were like sardines, as many had gone early in the day, stayed all day, and finally realized they'd be stranded if they didn't catch the bus we were on.

Enjoy! It is a delightful area, and the people are SO welcoming!

Nope, sorry, cna't help -- no one we spoke with did the dunes/beach ship excursion. A few took the Birds, Bay, Dolphins tour, and enjoyed it. Most of the people we met did the Copper Canyon, or took the shuttles to town and/or beach. Some people just stayed on the ship and kvetched about being in an industrial port.

There were vendors at the port, and we found their prices high, and they were unwilling to negotiate. Just an FYI.

And an elementary school dance group performed onboard in the show lounge around 3 pm, and the people who went said it was "adorable".

Archived