Do I have enought time in port?

garrett619

I'll be in Roatan in early May and was planning on hiring Victor for the day to do Pirates Extreme Zip Line, some site seeing of the island and then spend the rest of the day at the Mayan Princess Resort. I'm worried now that by the time I get tendered to the island it'll already be around 1pm and worse yet by the time I get to the resort it will almost be time to leave and there won't be much time for snorkeling and sunbathing. I'm on Carnival Valor which doesn't get in until noon and leaves at 7pm (no idea when last tender is). Is this too much for a day where we get in late? Will I be getting to the resort too late in the day to enjoy some sunbathing (ie: sun nearly going down)? I tried to find a map of where Pirates is on the island with respect to the tender dock and the resort, but was for the most part unsuccessful. I guess my biggest thing is I've heard the resort is amazing, but I'm now thinking I should probably skip it because I'll only be able to enjoy it for a few hours and worse yet the sun will already be pretty low in the sky. What are you guys/gals thoughts?

Thanks,

Garrett

I didn't think Roatan was a tender port.

Looks like you're correct. Roatan is not a tender port, but I'm still concerned about time and most importantly how much sun will be left after the zip line tour. Do you know how far away Pirates Zip Line is from the Mayan Princess Resort?

We just came back from the Valor. The ship docks at the port, and there is only room for 1 ship, so there is not the craziness you see at other ports. People were getting off the ship at the stroke of noon - you need to be back on board at 6:30pm. We went to Banarama, which is in the same area as the Mayan Princess - it was about a 20 min. cab ride - so you should plan on leaving the resort no later than 6. The good news is that the island is actually on a different time zone that the ship, so you will be arriving on the island at 11am island time. The sun should still be strong enough in the afternoon - we stayed until 5pm ship time, and it was pretty hot.

Hope this helps!

We just came back from the Valor. The ship docks at the port, and there is only room for 1 ship, so there is not the craziness you see at other ports. People were getting off the ship at the stroke of noon - you need to be back on board at 6:30pm. We went to Banarama, which is in the same area as the Mayan Princess - it was about a 20 min. cab ride - so you should plan on leaving the resort no later than 6. The good news is that the island is actually on a different time zone that the ship, so you will be arriving on the island at 11am island time. The sun should still be strong enough in the afternoon - we stayed until 5pm ship time, and it was pretty hot.

Hope this helps!

That does help. Thank you very much. Do you have any idea how far away the Pirates zip line area is from the Mayan Princess? Also how was Banarama? I haven't heard of that place, looks like I'll have to do a search on here and learn more about it.

Thanks again.

Archived