Weather from Bayonne New Jersey

cruizinteacher

It depends. I was expecting 1 cold day down and 1 back last year on the Feb. 24 sailing. It was cold leaving NY (about 35) and you needed a winter jacket gloves and hat to be on deck for the sailaway. Overnight we got out into the Gulf Stream and the next day I was able to be outside in khakis, a turtleneck and a sweater. The following day I was down to short sleeve shirts. Coming back people were in their bathing suits by the pool until 4 pm the day before we docked.

I'm sailing Sunday, which is a little earlier than last year. I would hope it would be no worse than a "sweater" day down and back. However, I'm from New England, so my tolerance for cool weather is much higher. 40 degrees is feeling good at this time of year, so anything higher is wonderful.

It depends. I was expecting 1 cold day down and 1 back last year on the Feb. 24 sailing. It was cold leaving NY (about 35) and you needed a winter jacket gloves and hat to be on deck for the sailaway. Overnight we got out into the Gulf Stream and the next day I was able to be outside in khakis, a turtleneck and a sweater. The following day I was down to short sleeve shirts. Coming back people were in their bathing suits by the pool until 4 pm the day before we docked.

I'm sailing Sunday, which is a little earlier than last year. I would hope it would be no worse than a "sweater" day down and back. However, I'm from New England, so my tolerance for cool weather is much higher. 40 degrees is feeling good at this time of year, so anything higher is wonderful.

By the time you hit the gulf stream, the air temps should be in the low 70s. Remember, you are getting sun trifold; directly from the sun, from the reflection of the ship, and from the reflection of the water.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived