Coco Cay and snorkel equipment rental....

BethCarp

I have decided that we will bring our own masks and snorkels, so we don't have to use *used* ones. But I'm trying to decide if we should bring our fins/water boots. I've actually never snorkeled before and will be borrowing equp from friends.

From what I understand we will need to have fins and vests. Can we rent those separtely or is it one price for the whole package? Also, are the fins the kind that you wear water shoes/boots with. Does the rental include shoes/boots? My friend's fins come with water boots that you wear with them. Are the fins at coco cay like this? I'm just trying to cut down on the amount of stuff we're bringing and would rather not lug around fins.

Yes, you can rent the fins and mandetory safety vest separately. I always take my own mask (oerscription) and snorkel, but rent the other items to save packing space and hassle.

Seems like the price for the fin/vest combo was around $12 last time I went.

Sorry - can't answer the 'water boots' question, as I have never bothered with them.

Archived