Miracle 40 sq. ft. or 60 sq. ft. balcony

alhohen

First of all thank you to all the people who answered my previous general Miracle balcony question. I was glad that no one had anything negative to say although that didn't make my decision any easier. I guess you really can't go wrong with a balcony. ( Of course sitting on a balcony and watching the sun set while drinking a Bud light or pina colada must really be tough.) One thing I noticed is that for only 10 dollars more on the same deck you can get a 60 sq. ft. balcony as opposed to a 40 sq. ft. balcony. This seems too good to be true. Are there any drawbacks to the larger balcony that don't meet the eye? It seems like everyone would book them instead of the smaller one for only 10 dollars more. I think these extended balconies are on all Miracle class ships. Thanks for any help you can provide or just for your opinion.

Just be careful where you book the balcony. The extended are OK, but not really that noticeably larger. The trouble with the extended balconies is that they are in the recessed areas of the deck. Look carefully at the deck plans and pick a cabin away from the ends where the cabins extend outward. We were in 7158 on the Carnival Legend and had a wonderful view aft, but the view forward was blocked by the side of the adjoining cabin.

We sailed on the Miracle in May. WE had room 7260 and someone sailing with us had 7258. If you look at the layout for these two rooms on the Verandah deck you will see there is a storage room between them. So you not only get the extended balcony but it also goes 1/2 the length of the storage room. It is gigantic!!! 185 sq ft of balcony space. We had a lounge chair (the room steward brought it for me) and the 2 chairs and table and we still had enough room for 2 more lounge chairs. It was awesome!!!!!!! And 7260 is a handicapped room so the layout was different and had a huge bathroom too.

Archived