Heating and cooling on the QM2 Cunard

Eggy13

I and my daughter are sailing September 8 from NY to Southhampton. I know it will cold outside, but how will it be inside. Should we wear long sleeve tops for the daytime or shortsleeve tops with a jacket or sweatshirt? I am from Sothern California in the desert area. Also is it easy to control the temperature in the room.

I took two cruises on the QM2 that left NYC in cold weather (one in February) and never had a problem with the temperature in the cabin or any indoor area. The air conditioning worked well in the cabin and allowed me to control the temperature to my desired comfort level.

I and my daughter are sailing September 8 from NY to Southhampton. I know it will cold outside, but how will it be inside. Should we wear long sleeve tops for the daytime or shortsleeve tops with a jacket or sweatshirt? I am from Sothern California in the desert area. Also is it easy to control the temperature in the room.

You will be able to control the temperature in your cabin - no problem there. The ship is a little on the cool side else where though - my opinion. My husband always wore a long sleeve shirt and jacket to dinner each evening and was comfortable . We have sailed on QM2 3 times in September - I have always taken jackets and sweaters. Our last crossing New York - Southampton was in September - we sat outside in the sun reading. Enjoy your trip QM2 is a great ship.

Archived