What is the Groom wearing??

We are going with a more casual look, this is a second marriage for both of us and we are getting married on August 1, in Tampa, so I am sure it will be warm out to say the least. Our Groomsmen are wearing short sleeved flowered shirts and the Bridesmaids are wearing a solid colored t-length dress. I am wearing a long white casual destination dress, we want the groom to be casual and comfortable but not look to casual... Anyone else in the same boat... :rolleyes:

We are going with a more casual look, this is a second marriage for both of us and we are getting married on August 1, in Tampa, so I am sure it will be warm out to say the least. Our Groomsmen are wearing short sleeved flowered shirts and the Bridesmaids are wearing a solid colored t-length dress. I am wearing a long white casual destination dress, we want the groom to be casual and comfortable but not look to casual... Anyone else in the same boat... :rolleyes:

That sounds great! I've seen photos of casual, beachy like attire in the official photos thread. They looked awesome!

What is your groom wearing for the destination cruise wedding?? :rolleyes:

Since we couldn't afford a big wedding when we got married almost 30 years ago we are going all out now for the vow renewal.

Tom is wearing a Tux and the groomsmen(our 2 sons and 3 of our 4 son-in laws) are wearing a dark suit.

The bridesmaids(3 of our 4 daughters and 2 daughter-in-laws) will be in either a black or burgandy long gown (their choice of color). I am going to be in a long, formal wedding gown.

Seven of our 11 grandchildren will be standing up with us also.

The boys (5 ages 6-11) will be in a nice white Hawaiian shirt and black pants.

Our oldest Granddaughter (age 11) will be dressed like her mother and the youngest one (age 3) will be in a long white dress with burgandy roses on it and carrying the flower girl basket with a bouquet in it.

I have already got all of the florals done and now I am getting started on the boys' shirts and the ladies dresses.

I already have the flower girls dress done and she looks like a doll in it with her fire red hair. (oops, the proud nana is coming out again):D

I love the Kilts!!!! That is awesome..... We are still trying to figure out the Grooms Attire, I have a beachy casual white shirt for him, I think I am going to run into problems finding the right pants to with it... not to mention shoes... :D

We are actually going casual too since this is our second marriage as well! I got an ivory destination dress(from DB) and he is wearing khaki pants, brown leather flip flops and a long sleeve linen shirt with stiching that matches my three bridesmaids dresses. The groomsmen are wearing the same as the groom but short sleeve linen shirts from Men's Warehosue with no stitching. I think the whole casual look looks great and the grooms shirt matching my bridesmaids ties it all together. They are wearing watermelon strapless short dresses from DB. I also got all the groomsmen pink orchid leis to match the girls...I can't wait to see how it all looks together! 7 more weeks!!:D

We are going with short sleeved, Tommy Bahama , type collared shirts for the Groomsmen and then I am going to pick a color out of their shirts for the girls dresses. I am letting the girls pick out the dress that best suits their body type, I am just giving them what color to go with. My fear is that I will look over dressed in my long white dress and him in casusl clothes... I just want to make sure it all fits together... I am sure it will we still have 6 months to go.... :D Grace&Goeff you guys looked great toether!!! That makes me feel better..

We're going casual with the guys too! My FI is wearing a long sleeved white Guayabera shirt with khakis. I want him to be comfortable!

This is my dress! I wanted to still feel like a bride but I couldnt go with a full out skirt. Too heavy for me.

http://www.davincibridal.com/catalog.php?page=40&cat=22&im_id=41

The hubby to be is going to be wearing a suit similar to this.

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=53006&CatID=53047&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=15bf819&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=53012&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=14&CmCatId=53012|53047

With a Cubavera shirt under it, no tie, with brown leather flip flops.

His BM is going to wear khaki's with a Cubavera shirt, no jacket.

My gown is a little more formal. Here's a pic, sorry it's not to good, it's been in a garment bag for a while! On the top and bottom it has embroidery work in a champagne pink and ivory. I go for my final fitting on March 4th so there will be good pics then!!

DSC02756.jpg

I'm going barefoot on the beach.

We got married in November, and I am so happy we went casual, as even in the outfits pictured, we were really hot!! I did buy a beautiful gown (not a wedding gown but Ruby colored since we were on the Ruby princess and we did our formal pictures on board)

DH wore a nat nast silk shirt, predominantly white with black and tan accents, with black slacks and flip flops. I wore a flower print dress and dansko sandals. I have the wedding pics on a separate disk, but am attaching a couple photos so you can get the idea.

2031311570101312120S425x425Q85.jpg

2863905560101312120S425x425Q85.jpg

My husband and his best man wore a cream colored linen suit. DH has a white shirt, while his best man had a grey shirt. They looked fantastic!!!

DH said he was warm but not "that hot" and we chose niec sandals for them to wear. Here are some pics:

IMG_9371.jpg

0141.jpg

• 8 months later...

I didn't want to wear a long dress since we're getting married on the beach and I was afraid that the sand and water might ruin it. So i went with this dress http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49978994&currentIdx=10&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998986%7c-49978994&catentryId=6097473&sort=

I think he's going to wear either a linen suit or a white polo and khaki shorts and the groomsmen are wearing navy shirts with khaki shorts.

These are my bridesmaid dresses: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998973&colorName=Marine&subCategory=-49998976%7c-49998975%7c-49998973&top_category=&catentryId=6097936

I feel in love with these dresses in the Marine, and they went so well with a casual tropical theme wedding, plus they can wear them again if they want.

For our vow renewal DH is going to wear a white Guayabera shirt and Black dress pants or white linen pants, we haven't decided yet. The guys are all wearing white guayabera shirts and black dress pants. The little guys are wearing white guayabera shirts that I made for them and black dress pants.

My dress is from Davids Bridals and is white with black beading and stitching.

The girls are wearing long burgandy dresses from Davids Bridals. They are the same color but different styles. The first pix is of the flower girls dress, the 2nd is my dress and the 3rd is one of the girls dress. I thought I had one of the little boys shirts but don't seem to be able to find it.

1109081138a.jpg.0c1eb4bd06829523c3446fc9ae00e522.jpg

415526436_mydressT8763R.jpg.540cda53f9aee13c54be897f8ad42ef2.jpg

1377389359_123018.jpg.ddcd1a037096a823fe4662c9557b9b68.jpg

Wow i think we may stand out now, since we're from Scotland, we have 15 people traveling with us (including us), and at least 4 of them are wearing Kilts, including the groom

Laura

Hi all

Getting married end March 2010 and groom and my dad wearing kilts! Just wondering Laura did what did they wear on feet???!!!

Jackie xx

Archived