Antigua beach...which one???

ocean lover

Hey there. I was in Antigua last July for my anniversary...what a stunningly beautiful island. MAN, it blew away my honeymoon in Hawaii.

My favorite beaches were Half Moon Bay & Darkwood Beach. Seeing as you'll be arriving via cruise, you will need to hire a taxi to get to these. Half Moon is the farthest...should take about 45 min.

There's no such thing as a bad beach in Antigua! I agree though that Half Moon Bay is the best. If you are touring the island, be sure and ask to sample some of their black pineapple. It's the absolute best. Bring home a jar of the jam.

RCLforever, Jolly Beach is nice, no question. Nut, look into Blue Waters resort. It's small (only 70+ rooms), very private and does not cater to children. I stayed here for a week in July and it was awesome.

jpinct~I friend has gone a couple of times to Jolly beach-
we will be a group of about 15 to 20, ranging in age from 11 yo (one girl), to mid-fifties....my fam & kids 18 & 22, etc, my sister & fam.etc....I htink it would offer a nice range of things for everyone, without being cramped in room or poolside for a change.
Plus, my older children are of drinking age and she has expensive taste!!! (Kristini-Flirtini !!)

by all means, Dickerson Bay and don't let a cabbie tell you different. Our first one took us to Miller by the Sea and said Dickerson Bay was only an 'area'. It is not and we finally proceeded to reach the right one. Great time. The ship's Antigua Beach Break takes you to Miller by the Sea. Small, small, but clean but real rough surf. Dickerson is the nicer one.

Archived