What kind of deals are senior from FLA getting?

Catrin

All I keep reading over the past few weeks is comments on how the crowds on the ships are older.....

Just our of curiousity..... what kind of deals are the Seniors who live in Florida getting???? That is the advantage of living in FLA.... resident rates, no flights needed, etc.

Maybe I have something to look forward to when I retire in 25 years! ;)

I think its great the seniors cruise on Carnival. It really is a cruiseline for everyone!

Catrin

All I keep reading over the past few weeks is comments on how the crowds on the ships are older.....

Just our of curiousity..... what kind of deals are the Seniors who live in Florida getting???? That is the advantage of living in FLA.... resident rates, no flights needed, etc.

I think its great the seniors cruise on Carnival. It really is a cruiseline for everyone!

Catrin

The deals or rate reductions for Sr. Citizens will be all over the place regarding discounts provided and depending on ship, sailing date, length of cruise, how fast a ship is selling out, etc.... there is really no set discount. There also is from time to time resident rate reductions for various states, but again is hit or miss on any sailing with no set price reduction.

Resident Rate promos or Sr. promos are not offered on every ship and or sailing date.

Catrin

Those are two separate discounts. One for seniors and one for Florida residents. They dont offer any special deals to Florida residents that happen to be seniors. Any resident rate would be open to a pax of any age.

You can always go on the Carnival website and check for residency deals for any state, province or us possession or check for senior deals. Its great that they offer full transparency of all deals.

just looking at carnival.com it seems that cruise prices are down a lot right now. what's up with that?

You think maybe the rotten economy? I think people are a little worried about the future right now and maybe not booking as many cruises.

Just a theory.

Carole

Resident discounts as well as Senior citizen discounts usually pop up much closer to a specific sailing's departure.

The reason being is because with only a few weeks or days to go before a cruise, Carnival's best bet to fill the ship up, is to target either a) People that live within driving distance of the port (FL resident discount) or b) People that can travel at any time without much planning (retired, senior citizens).

From time to time, you may see a Rhode Island resident discount on a cruise departing from Miami. That's done by Carnival's marketing to entice people from certain states to sail from a specific port.

Catrin

If you cruise November through April, you are likely going to see more seniors. If you want younger families, travel during spring break, summer months and Christmas holidays. You can then enjoy all the kids screaming and splashing and running around! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I am not a senior citizen, I prefer to travel with them, wheelchairs and all!

Archived