Swiss Army knife?

northerner

Northerner, I'm with you. I don't understand why people have to be so mean. First of all, the search was cumbersome. If a question is asked that was asked before, so what? There might be someone new around with new information to respond anyway. If you make a typo and don't notice it, so what? I don't understand why people get so nasty about occasional typos and misspellings. But I must say, it's must worse on the RCI board with people that have something bad to say about RCI.

Gee, I'm out on a shore excursion, and my camera gets knocked out of my hand, hits the rocks and jams. With the philips head on my Swiss army knife, I opened it up and fixed it right there. How was I supposed to call the pursers desk? And what are they going to do? Between my Swiss Army knife and my Leatherman, I've gotten a lot of people out binds that could have ruined their trip and in a couple of cases been dangerous. Let's not mistake some useful tools for something designed as a weapon. We're not talking 16" Bowie Knives here

Maybe we should start a new link, True stories about my multitool! I don't care what you call them, there is no doubt they certainly can get you out of a bind.

Here's my true story. When I was in the hospital giving birth to my youngest, a healthy 9 1/2 pound baby girl we named Rachel(yes she was very big, and overdue a nearly a month) The hospital bed broke. No joke. Half way through putting it in a new position, it stuck. We got a nurse, who called for maintenance. They said it would be a while, they were having trouble elsewhere. My Mcgiever husband asks if he could take a look. Nurse said sure. Then he retrieved my swiss army knife, opened a panel(he's an electricain) and promptly had it running. The maintenance man didn't come to check it out till the next day. Yes they would have gotten me another bed, but no one wants to be moved in the condition I was in. I have a few other good stories, but this is the most memorable for me. Like the time I was broke down in rush hour outside of Naples Italy while on leave in the Air Force. Anyone else have a good one? :)

Archived