Looking for Input on 4 Bed and Breakfasts

Sapphire73

We are considering the following B & Bs and have thoroughly researched them on Trip Advisor and on their own websites. (There are only 5 reviews for Highland Glen Lodge B & B on Trip Advisor so not much of a sample.)

The Mangy Moose

Susitna Place

Highland Glen Lodge Bed and Breakfast

Anchorage Lakeside Jewel B & B (not to be confused with Jewel Lake)

We are looking for 3 rooms in July for our last night in Alaska - getting a 10:30 am flight the next morning. (Could stay there our first night in Alaska instead - just before heading north to Denali - to be able to enjoy the breakfast.)

Not sure what availability there may be at any of these places, but wanted to see if anyone has stayed in any of these places or has info about them.

Thanks!

Hi..I stayed in a b&b in Healy last year..going back this year and will also be needing a b&b in Anchorage..Asked the Healy people for an Anchorage recommendation a month ago and they gave me:

1.Big Bear Bed and Breakfast, Carol is a retired home-ec teacher and a pioneer-type Alaskan.

2. Alaska Frontier Gardens, Rita is a past president of the Anchorage Association of B&B, big house, big breakfast. Knows Anchorage.

Keep in mind, I haven't stayed at either yet, but I had a great time with the Healy b&b.

If you go to http://www.tripadvisor.com you can get reviews for all kinds of Bed & Breakfasts.

Thank you. I have been using Trip Advisor and Fodor's Travel Talk for years, and did start with Trip Advisor as I mentioned when posting this thread:

"We are considering the following B & Bs and have thoroughly researched them on Trip Advisor and on their own websites. (There are only 5 reviews for Highland Glen Lodge B & B on Trip Advisor so not much of a sample.)"

I was surprised at how little I found on the internet about this B&B but the 5 reviews on Trip Advisor were very positive. I found that the rooms there were filling up quickly for July....

Have a great day.

Archived