need help choosing beach close to port

dknight1021

DH and I want to just walk from pier to either Sunset beach or Dzul-Ha from Puerta Maya pier. We are doing excursions in our other ports so just want in inexpensive day. Anyone know which one is closer and how far to walk. If the distance is equal, which location do you prefer? Which one has less crowds? Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the map VegasMan! I'm not very familiar with this port. First cruise 3 years ago we tendered there after the hurricane. So fond memories here of it being the first. Second time was January of this year. We did El Cid all-inclusive going and planned to play in the port area on our way back to the ship. Weellll, we didn't stop, all I wanted to do was get to the cabin and lay down......first time I have ever lost an entire evening on a cruise.:o We booked 4 days ago to leave in a couple weeks so working fast to make a tenative plan.

Thanks again,

Kat

Fun, Fun 44,

We're going in September and this seems like a good option for us as well. We've already been to Cozumel twice and did excursions. DH doesn't love hanging on the beach, but likes to snorkel. Both of these seem like they would be good spots. Please post and let us know what works out for you! Thanks.

Will do crzjke. El Cid is actually a land resort that takes in so many cruise passengers a day. We bought it on ship, but have heard you can go there on your own and pay to get in. But again We did do that and just hear say after we had booked it. Very clean, they take good acre of you and nice rest for the buffet. It was all-inclusive. Clean sand too!

Will let ya know about any other one we go to in a few weeks. :)

Kat

dknight,

I wouldn't recommend walking to Dzul-Ha. On the map it looks close, but unless things have changed, it is a narrow dusty road that takes you there, and the road is not right along the beach, it may also be very hot and humid.

Dzul-Ha should have far less crowds compared to a place like Chankanaab. But are you planning to go snorkeling? If you don't go snorkeling, then there is not much to do there. Don't expect a nice sandy beach. See the link for photos.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Dzul_Ha.html

Archived