Jacksonvill port

cruzebunny

I am thinking of the cruise out of Jacksonville Port for Spring Break-3/20-. I have a 16 yr old boy. Is this a good cruise for a teen. I have heard in the past that teens were drinking on this cruise.

I really want to cruise but want a reasonable vacation this yr. Also wondering what the balcony and ocean view rooms are like.

I would appreciate previous curisers -especally with teens, to give me their opinions

Thanks.

Miracle-2008

Valor-2007

Legend-2006

I am thinking of the cruise out of Jacksonville Port for Spring Break-3/20-. I have a 16 yr old boy. Is this a good cruise for a teen. I have heard in the past that teens were drinking on this cruise.

I really want to cruise but want a reasonable vacation this yr. Also wondering what the balcony and ocean view rooms are like.

I would appreciate previous curisers -especally with teens, to give me their opinions

Thanks.

Miracle-2008

Valor-2007

Legend-2006

What 16 yr. old would not like to take a cruise ! :eek: That being said, 16 year olds are tough to please and seem to shy away from any teen activities and are more into just "hanging out" with their new found friends, etc.

I have sailed on this ship and not really noticed teens sneaking a drink anymore than on other ships on any cruiseline. They just have to be monitored in their activities and that is the parents responsibility first most.

Balcony staterooms are only available in Cat. 11 and 12 suites.... oceanview staterooms are approx. 185 sq. ft. and will either be with a full sized window or 2 port holes on this ship (forward staterooms for the port hole).....Sleeping arrangements will be two lower twins that can convert into a king sized bed and possibly 1 or 2 upper berths if the need to accommodate 4 passengers and a rollaway for that 5th passenger. Flat screen TV's, plenty of closet space, dressing table with mirror and lottsa drawers. Perfect size stateroom for two pasengers in my eyes and based on past experiences.

Ship is in good shape and lotts to do onboard throughout the day. Food is fair to good... but so subject to opinion. Entertainment lively and some fun at the Karaoke Bar too !

Have a great time ! I would not hesitate sailing aboard this ship for a 3d time at all.

Fascination was a great cruise for our teens, although not as many activities as on the larger ships. Our kids had fun just hanging out.

We usually do balconies, but stayed in interior rooms this time, because I didn't think the price difference was worth it. They were fine. Rooms seemed larger than RCL cabins.

There are teens that somehow manage to drink on every cruise we have been on. If your teen can avoid running with them on dry land, they'll certainly be able to do so on the cruise. If not, the cruise locale is not your trouble.

Take the trip. You'll enjoy it.

We went last year with our two teens and they had a blast. We will be repeating next weekend. They met other kids right away and Hung out. The activites werent their favorite but they entertained themselves with no issue. My kids chose to go on a cruise over getting Christmas presents so that tells me they had fun. I didnt see kids drinking just running around acting crazy. Lots of dancing. They actual made a few friends they still keep in contact with via Myspace. Its deffinately a good vacation and you should be able to have some space for you to vacation too. Thats what I like not having to constantly entertain them.

Archived